Why become a member? ×

NBD - Bacchus WL-433

Elfrasho

Thought I'd introduce the new member of the family!

My current first bass is an ACG 31.5" scale and I absolutely love it. It's an incredible instrument and the easiest bass I've ever played. So much so I've basically not touched my other bass in a year. However, it's only single pickup and had an urge to get something with a bridge pickup. I was open to anything really but the jazz was an obvious choice. I also really fancied trying a 33" scale but there's not a lot on the market- or at least not in the more budget market.

I could only really find this model. It was going to cost £660 plus postage brand new, which was a bit more than i was hoping to spend so i sat on it for a week or two, then I saw one pop up on Ebay, so I pounced. And here it is. I've probably paid a bit much for it 2nd hand once the fee's etc are factored in, but should come in under £500.

Good points:

I love the 33" scale. 

light

Finish on it is lovely

Tuners seem extremely high quality, and the other bits seem good enough.

once set up, plays fine.

came with a good quality soft case

Bad points:

When i received it, the neck pickup was almost flush to the pick guard. When I brought it up to where it should be, it was really loose and hollow feeling. I've had to put sponge underneath to stop it from moving. I've not touched the bridge pickup yet but that's loose too so will probably need the same treatment. I think that's how they would have been out the factory because I don't see anything to suggest the previous owner had been dabbling about in there.

The knobs are really stiff 

The pickups are ok but a bit uninspiring.  That might be though because I'm spoiled with the active circuit in my ACG. But still, assuming they are standard size, it might be a future upgrade to be considered! 

Overall, I'm happy, but I still think I overpaid, and I'm very happy I didn't buy brand new. It's not a £660 bass in my view, but then again if you want a 33" scale there's not a whole lot out there to choose from! Not seen anyone else play one on here, so thought Id show it off to you all!

2NT01261.jpg

2NT01264.jpg

2NT01266.jpg

Edited by Elfrasho
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, PlungerModerno said:

Cool bass. Normally I'm not that keen on pearloid but it goes with that tinted finish very well. Matching headstock is a lovely touch. Does it have the same strings as your other bass? I would suggest giving the pickups a chance with a similar set as on the ACG before you make up your mind!

Aye that's true. Dunno what the strings are but they do have that feeling they're old but they've been boiled. I'll fire on new strings today.