Why become a member? ×

SOLD! EMG Jazz Bass Pickups - Set w/Loom - 1990s Vintage - Brown Backed Beauties
£80
London

Edit: Sold!

EMG J-Set black 4-string active bass pickups (old style, require soldering). Condition is "Used". But still beautiful in a 'rewards of time' type of manner. 

This is a used set of EMG J-Set pickups from around the 1990s.  They have been installed in my Jazz Bass for the past decade and, unsurprisingly, some dust and/or wear is evident as seen in photos. The set includes wiring, battery connector, 2 volume pots, a tone pot and an output jack (EMG type). 

The accompanying stock loom is fully wired and, to quote a phrase that our American cousins like to brandish, "ready to go". Mind you, with hindsight, that's also a title of a Republica song. In any case, the phrase is apt for these fine pickups. 

There are some people who reckon that the older EMGs have 'more mojo' and 'sound better'. In my humble opinion, EMGs are very consistent and these pickups sounded great in situ regardless of their age and/or vintage advantage. 

I'd happily have kept these pickups my Jazz Bass of choice but, in these very weird times, I had to sell this instrument quite recently and returned it to stock. As a result, this fine set is now superfluous to demands. 

They're great pickups and the fact that Robert Trujillo has just 'silvered them up' to create his signature set speaks volumes. From Motown to Metal, you'll be well covered with this set. 

The dust is included with the sale but, for reasons of postage ease, the battery is not. 

Delivery is Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class or Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class.

ADE65FB7-AC58-467F-B4AB-9C25DFD74260.jpeg

0C95DA5F-148B-4192-9A3A-4894F80687D4.jpeg

A1A3CA96-45C8-4BA7-B371-5B14DC5C0C8C.jpeg

5FE6FBCC-F4AF-42D5-882D-C367A0F8C24E.jpeg

Edited by denki109