Why become a member? ×

Has anyone else noticed...

Si600

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

The Stanley 50 is a combination plane, do you have a pic si 

Pic of what?

I'm looking for a plough plane at the moment, either of the two seem to suit, but ebay prices are frisky, plus the customs on top for importing the thing and I may see if I can do it with a router plane, or, heavens forbid, an electric router!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Si600 said:

@Reggaebass a Stanley 55 has popped up as available, price currently unknown, should I get it?

I really just want to make some grooves to fit drawer bottoms, all the moulding irons would be wasted on me.

The Stanley 55 is IMO the top combination plane, I’ve recently sharpened all the blades and cutters on one for a friend, they really do have endless uses, they are quite collectible now, if it’s got the cutters and the fence attachments and it’s a reasonable price you can have some fun with it and you will always be able to sell it again 🙂

It's more a desire to be as hand tooley as possible more than anything else.  Anyway, powered woodwork tools scare the behoozers out of me.  I'm OK with fixed tool lathes and mills, but table saws and hand held routers? *shudder*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Si600 said:

It's more a desire to be as hand tooley as possible more than anything else.  Anyway, powered woodwork tools scare the behoozers out of me.  I'm OK with fixed tool lathes and mills, but table saws and hand held routers? *shudder*

Go for it si if it’s reasonably priced, they are a really great tool 👍

• 2 weeks later...