Why become a member? ×

What is the highest BPM you can achieve?

TJ1

17 hours ago, Hellzero said:

The original by Joe Jackson with the overlooked and underestimated Graham Maby on bass is better sounding and played at a higher BPM. That said, I really like Anthrax cover too. But it's about time to give back the credit of this excellent tune to Joe Jackson.

Excerpt of Wikipedia concerning this title and pure Joe Jackson :

In the June 1991 issue of Q magazine, Jackson remarked : "I think it sounds kind of clumsy compared to the way we did it on the Live album. I mean, our version is really smoking. Theirs is actually slower than ours, and kind of lumpen. The way I feel about it is, Thanks for the royalties, guys." In another interview, he explained, "I could never quite understand why they were called a “speed metal” band because we played the song about twice as fast as they did."

Thanks for posting both vids! By switching between them it's clear the BPM difference is trivial to minor at most. The Anthrax version is however produced a lot better, imo of course and I'm quite biased.

55 minutes ago, Bolo said:

Thanks for posting both vids! By switching between them it's clear the BPM difference is trivial to minor at most. The Anthrax version is however produced a lot better, imo of course and I'm quite biased.

I never knew that song. He is right, the live version is quite a lot faster than both of those. I really like Joe Jacksons version of that - the anthrax cover isn't bad either. 

Edited by Woodinblack

16 hours ago, StickyDBRmf said:

Sorry you Brits but semiquaver is the stupidest name. Sounds like bowing up for The William Tell Overture.

15 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Best not mention hemi-demi-semiquavers then! 😉

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

If you think that sounds stupid, how about hemidemisemiquaver?

There is a glitch in the Matrix!