Why become a member? ×

sold:ACG-SalaceHeadless5Custom&qualityGig-bag: £1234
£1750

eubassix

ACG (UK) Salace Headless 5: Custom (Specification Level). Top/Back Wood: Holly top with Bloodwood accent; Body Wood: Black Walnut; Body Finish: Satin Lacquer; Neck Wood: 5 piece Wenge/Bloodwood; Finger Board: AI Birdseye Maple; Scale: 34″; Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer; Pickups: ACG RFB ACG PB in Bloodwood ramp; Hardware: ETS Bridge/Tuning unit, ACG Headpiece Dunlop Straplocks; Pre-amp: ACG EQ03 5K filter pre. Exceptional instrument in really excellent condition (see photos). c/w Blake-Apex semi-solid case (designed for guitar/s but works well for this headless bass with an overall length of c. 100cm or 39"). Narrow(er) string spacing of 16.5, although the saddles are adjustable. @ nut/zero-fret: c 9mm). Initial photos show bass as-is, with a small dark cover (25mm) over the gold-sovereign designated by the original owner (this is recessed/flush with body top). Also a photo(s) with coin w/out cover. The coin itself has a value of £340-550 (conditional) but is pretty much impossible to remove w/out damage to bass, coin or both. Exceptional bass acquired via BC trade but I can't adjust to the narrow string spacing & frustrated in being unable to unmodify the personalised modification.      https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/093salaceheadless5/   £1234

MVC-094S.JPG

Edited by eubassix
sold
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking bass. I love a holly top. And that fingerboard wood is lovely too.
Where is the instrument at the moment? Is the ramp flat or radiused to match the fretboard? Does that bridge require double ball-ends? Or can it take regular strings cut short?

14 hours ago, Ruarl said:

Nice looking bass. I love a holly top. And that fingerboard wood is lovely too.
Where is the instrument at the moment? Is the ramp flat or radiused to match the fretboard? Does that bridge require double ball-ends? Or can it take regular strings cut short?

Thanks Ruarl  -  instrument is with me, in the north-east of England  -  ramp is flat (but the f/board is only slighly radiused & string heights quite level over the ramp)  -  bridge & 'nut/headstock' will take both DBE and standard strings. If you look closely at the last photo you can see the channels and small hex-(clamp)-bolts above the current dbe strings.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I assume the coin is glued in? Could it not be heated gently enough to melt the glue but without damaging the coin? 

Might be possible. I did speak to a couple of respected UK luthiers and they were concerned re. the coin, the holly wood (difficult apparenly) and not knowing what epoxy/resin(s) might have been used to both fix and surround the coin.

2 minutes ago, eubassix said:

Might be possible. I did speak to a couple of respected UK luthiers and they were concerned re. the coin, the holly wood (difficult apparenly) and not knowing what epoxy/resin(s) might have been used to both fix and surround the coin.

Was it not put in originally by Alan?

• eubassix changed the title to ACG Salace Headless 5 Custom & quality gig-bag: £1234
  • 2 weeks later...
  • eubassix changed the title to sold:ACG-SalaceHeadless5Custom&qualityGig-bag: £1234
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic