Why become a member? ×

Sold - Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass - Now £650
£750
Bristol

Burns-bass

What. beauty!

This is a very lovely 2010 Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass in sunburst. This has the ultra-wide fretboard and packs a massive punch, sounding every bit like a classic Precision bass from your favourite hits. 

Period features include a delicious (and widely discussed) poly finish, open-back tuners, vintage-style Precision Bass split-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, 7.25" fretboard radius.  It's made in Mexico, but don't let that put you off. It's a beauty. Comes with barely stroked D'Addario Chromes which provide the vintage thump you need.

As you can see, it's in lovely condition. Would prefer collection from Bristol, but could ship in the UK if you are prepared for me to wait and get the right packing materials and pay for a case. 

Take a look at the pics and email if you want more detail. 

Looking for £650

Reason for sale is that I'm just getting rid of basses I don't play. 

548BFC8E-5210-4F75-995A-092851060A6A.jpeg

F6914465-117A-40E1-A5C3-DF0F429CF09B.jpeg

7CEFD120-99B3-4DAF-B2B6-6543AD6F8BA9.jpeg

16B70F68-5ABC-43FD-8205-2967006A9F3D.jpeg

13EC092F-7F91-4E5C-A57E-9C32526DA2A3.jpeg

69000915-0E52-4D48-8B1D-002D0938A56E.jpeg

F2339676-D9E4-4995-A0AA-1C3EC64C5794.jpeg

4251B87E-A487-49A0-9559-DEF47A41E87D.jpeg

DF722AF9-A245-4623-ABD7-C14AC866FE15.jpeg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, miles'tone said:

Lovely bass, but these had a poly finish not nitro mate. 

I don't want to get into a discussion about Fender finishes (it's the world's dullest discussion point, I reckon), but here's the official Fender description of the bass which I've used below. If anyone from Mexico wants to chime in then please do!

The Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer delivers the distinctive 1950s-era look, sound and vibe of those first Fender basses, with vintage style and an authentic nitrocellulose lacquer finish on its alder body. Other features include a "C"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and black-dot inlays, vintage-style split single-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, four-saddle American Vintage bass bridge, and vintage-style reverse tuners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

I don't want to get into a discussion about Fender finishes (it's the world's dullest discussion point, I reckon), but here's the official Fender description of the bass which I've used below. If anyone from Mexico wants to chime in then please do!

The Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer delivers the distinctive 1950s-era look, sound and vibe of those first Fender basses, with vintage style and an authentic nitrocellulose lacquer finish on its alder body. Other features include a "C"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and black-dot inlays, vintage-style split single-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, four-saddle American Vintage bass bridge, and vintage-style reverse tuners. 

It's not a dull discussion point if someone ends up disappointed by their purchase. I'm just trying to save you a headache later on too. My intentions are well meant friend..

The MIM Classic 50s Lacquer Precision was only offered in Black and White Blonde finishes. Fact. They were more expensive than the regular MIM Classic 50s Precisions that had a polyurethane finish, which were available in 2 tone Sunburst (the bass you have for sale), Fiesta Red and Honey Blonde.

I'm not Mexican, just well informed.  😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

It's not a dull discussion point if someone ends up disappointed by their purchase. I'm just trying to save you a headache later on too. My intentions are well meant friend..

The MIM Classic 50s Lacquer Precision was only offered in Black and White Blonde finishes. Fact. They were more expensive than the regular MIM Classic 50s Precisions that had a polyurethane finish, which were available in 2 tone Sunburst (the bass you have for sale), Fiesta Red and Honey Blonde.

I'm not Mexican, just well informed.  😉

Fair enough. Man beats internet.

• Burns-bass changed the title to Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass - Now £650
  • Burns-bass changed the title to Sold - Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass - Now £650
  • martthebass locked this topic