Why become a member? ×

How threads progress.

NancyJohnson

Just an observation and thought for the day.

I find it quite amusing how, irrespective of the intial subject-matter, so many of the threads here just descend into the opportunity for people to post photos of their gear.

My wife asks me frequently whether I like looking at gear on here and my response is generally that I honestly do, but feel that you could be reading a thread with a title like, 'I lost my arm in a freak sawmill accident' and within a few posts people would be posting beautifully lit photos of their Shukers reclining on a sofa.

Right.  That's the today's message.  You can start posting bass photos now.  Go! Go! Go!

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just an observation and thought for the day.

I find it quite amusing how, irrespective of the intial subject-matter, so many of the threads here just descend into the opportunity for people to post photos of their gear.

My wife asks me frequently whether I like looking at gear on here and my response is generally that I honestly do, but feel that you could be reading a thread with a title like, 'I lost my arm in a freak sawmill accident' and within a few posts people would be posting beautifully lit photos of their Shukers reclining on a sofa.

Right.  That's the today's message.  You can start posting bass photos now.  Go! Go! Go!

:)

Agreed. It’s worse with vintage gear.

People with Pre-cbs fenders are like people with a degree from Oxford or Cambridge - they’ll always signs some way to drop it into the conversation.

3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

many of the threads here just descend into the opportunity for people to post photos of their gear.

This makes me feel like I've been failing to pull my weight. Apologises, and please accept this hastily taken photo as a token of my intent to become more diligent in this matter

20210219_113221-01.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

irrespective of the intial subject-matter, so many of the threads here just descend into the opportunity for people to post photos of their gear.

Oh yeah? That is just your opinion!!!!!

[Just in case : the above was an ironic comment about how someone in a thread will eventually say someone else's comment was 'just an opinion', even though the said comment was obviously intended as an opinion]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

Agreed. It’s worse with vintage gear.

People with Pre-cbs fenders are like people with a degree from Oxford or Cambridge - they’ll always signs some way to drop it into the conversation.

Ah, but which piece of information does a vegan with a degree from Oxford/Cambridge with a pre-CBS Fender tell you first?

• Haha 6