Why become a member? ×

Awesome tutorial about drum buss compression

51m0n

Yeah, its me, so I'm babbling on about compression again (sheesh get a life you tedious old fart).

This one is worth it, the absolute best video about how compression can be used to manipulate sounds to get your desired emotional content (thank you Bruce Lee). This needs to be on every single wanna be recordistas play list. Enjoy!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

54 minutes ago, 51m0n said:

...This one is worth it...

Absolutely brilliant; a Great Watch. Thanks a bunch for posting. :friends: I've learnt a lot in a very short time, and will eagerly try this out in my future stuff. One slight problem is my duff hearing; he's lauding the Release on a Ride cymbal that I can't hear..! :$ No matter, I've captured the spirit of his propos, that's the main thing. Good Stuff; Really Good Stuff. :i-m_so_happy:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Increasingly I find parallel compression on a separate buss yields great results, sure the kick and snare get some Distressor love, but having that compressed signal to ride in under the drum mix as the main mix progresses is a thing of beauty...

Love me some Shadow Hills.

• Like 1