Why become a member? ×

NBD - Gold semi,but no Epi.

Grahambythesea

When Jack Casady suggested to Gibson that they reissue the Les Paul Signature Bass, they sent him to Epiphone who went to Peerless in Korea to make the basses for them. Then they took production to China so Peerless brought out their own version. 
So here we have a Peerless Bassmaster Player, which apart from the headstock and tuners is pretty much identical to the Epi. 
Really nicely built and sounds great, currently strung with rounds, should I try a set of flats which the seller sent me. Rounds / Flats??? 

EC6E8E5F-1F1F-40E4-B25B-1B79C8E3E600.jpeg

3A50DFD5-3889-4F55-9075-050C8469E208.jpeg

C47002CE-CE62-464B-A8AB-610D306D922C.jpeg

• Like 15

• 1 year later...

Nice...

+1 on the headstock, with straighter string runs... but then they are not limited by authenticity. Colour match on the plastics, plate and pickup ring could of been better...

And a Yes to Flats.

Then again it could be a dream...

God knows why i'm awake at half six!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BIGROB24 said:

I have this exact bass. What year is it?

Sorry no idea. I bought it second hand and there’s no clue on the label. I think these were only made for a very limited period, no doubt under pressure to stop from Epiphone who has moved production to China.

I have started a thread on Peerless but so far mine is the only one posted, why not stick yours on there too?

15 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Nice...

+1 on the headstock, with straighter string runs... but then they are not limited by authenticity. Colour match on the plastics, plate and pickup ring could of been better...

And a Yes to Flats.

Then again it could be a dream...

God knows why i'm awake at half six!

You’re right about the colour match between the pickup and scratch plate. I’ve taken the plate off, looks better.

On 16/02/2021 at 13:55, Grahambythesea said:

When Jack Casady suggested to Gibson that they reissue the Les Paul Signature Bass, they sent him to Epiphone who went to Peerless in Korea to make the basses for them. Then they took production to China so Peerless brought out their own version. 
So here we have a Peerless Bassmaster Player, which apart from the headstock and tuners is pretty much identical to the Epi. 
Really nicely built and sounds great, currently strung with rounds, should I try a set of flats which the seller sent me. Rounds / Flats??? 

EC6E8E5F-1F1F-40E4-B25B-1B79C8E3E600.jpeg

3A50DFD5-3889-4F55-9075-050C8469E208.jpeg

C47002CE-CE62-464B-A8AB-610D306D922C.jpeg

th.jpeg-57.jpg

20 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Chrome Pup... Warman Firebucker?

Black plate...

Sorted!

I hadn’t heard of Warman. Looked at website, no mention of Firebucker pickup. Looked for Black plate - $80 I don’t think so. I did have the idea of covering the plate with gold vinyl but then just took it off.

Edited by Grahambythesea
Error