Why become a member? ×

Which drummer you would like to have played with?

Bassman Sam

The list is exhaustive,  but in no order of any description ..

Steve Gadd ( oooh if only )   Simon Phillips ,  Phil Collins  ( mainly because of his stunning work with Brand X )  Pierre Moerlin ,   Bonham of course,  Billy Cobham,  Bill Bruford ,  Michael Shrieve , Terry Bozzio ( his work with Zappa )  etc etc

First it'd be Sheila E. 

Then I guess it'd be Stewart Copeland, Clem Burke, Woody Woodmansey, Paul Thompson, Michael Shrieve (really showing my age here). 

Probably should say that I've had the pleasure of working with some great drummers over the years, the most notable of whom was a guy called Robbie France and he was phenomenonal! Made me a better musician.. 

And of course, @Dad3353 😁

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

The list is exhaustive,  but in no order of any description ..

Steve Gadd ( oooh if only )   Simon Phillips ,  Phil Collins  ( mainly because of his stunning work with Brand X )  Pierre Moerlin ,   Bonham of course,  Billy Cobham,  Bill Bruford ,  Michael Shrieve , Terry Bozzio ( his work with Zappa )  etc etc

Oh, good call for Billy Cobham - I love his playing! 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2021 at 01:24, chris_b said:

Fabulous drummers I did get to play with, Micky Waller, Glen LeFleur, Henry Spinetti, Graham Walker and for 2 songs, Kenny Jones.

Wow Chris, you played with 3 of my favourites - Micky Waller, Henry Spinetti and Kenney Jones?  - respect!

I'll add Charlie Watts and Max Weinberg (E-Street Band) too.

• Like 1

For me, any drummer that I would want to play with, would not want to play with me!  That said, a good drummer really lifts my game (although it sometimes takes me a while to find something that works with the new drummer).

I am very impressed with Gilson Lavis (ex-Squeeze, and now playing with Jools Holland).  I admire his ability to play the right rhythm for every track.  He was so good on Chic's Good Times, that I had assumed that Nile had bought his own rhythm section with him!  

• Like 1