Why become a member? ×

Which drummer you would like to have played with?

Bassman Sam

11 hours ago, Bassman Sam said:

I've had the privilege of playing bass for John Coglhan , Ex Quo drummer. He was as tight as duck's butt, never locked in with anyone like that before.

I did also have the privilege of playing with an Ex Quo drummer, Jeff Rich, beautiful DW kit with the most awesome snare sound, that snare has some history.

0366592F-C402-47FA-9902-D63B2D15EE8B.jpeg

Ludwig Black Beauty

Ludwig Black BeautyJeff plays a Ludwig Black Beauty Snare which was made in 1979. The drum was originally owned by Rick Allen from Def Leppard and was used on various Def Leppard albums including Pyromania and Hysteria.

The drum was also used on a Mettalica album, Master of Puppets. Jeff bought the drum off Rick whilst working with Def Leppard in 1984/5 after Rick lost an arm in a car accident.

Jeff has used the drum on many Status Quo albums and concerts and says, “This drum is without doubt one of the best rock snare drums ever produced. The sound is fantastic and it has never let me down”.

Edited by steantval
  • Like 1

I'd like to play with Jim Keltner. He's drummed with many of my favourite bands and artists, over the years.

Even with the CV he has, he's still very humble.

Hates playing to a click track and understands the concept of playing ahead, or behind the beat.