Why become a member? ×

Introduction

Andrewsl76

Hello Basschat!

I am new here and hoping to learn as much as I can about bass guitars and recording. I have played bass for a while and gigged (last time was 1996) but never really been part of a bass community.

My current set up is nothing. Zero. I don’t have equipment!! One of the first things I am looking to do is build back up. I will hopefully have a bass soon. Hoping to complete a deal on here.

I prefer four string fretted but have owned a Sei Bass six string (headless) previously and various precision basses. I sold all my gear years ago when I needed to fund studies as I moved away from live music in 1996 and into a job!

I am not looking to get back into gigging, just recording as I want to get back into writing and experiment with home studios etc.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Andrew.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andrewsl76 said:

Thank you! Well, I just bought a bass so I am on my way! Massive thanks to @Oldman for being so welcoming and agreeing to sell to me.

Basschat has a section for Feedback on member transactions.

You can search the section by member name and get an idea of their reputation with dealings on site.  It's good form to let people know how deals go afterwards for that reason.  Here is a link to Oldman's Feedback.

Glad to hear you are getting set up again.  I wish you a lot of fun with it.

• Thanks 1

:crigon_04:

1 hour ago, Oldman said:

Well, you got a brilliant start with the Thumb Andrew. It’s a great forum, just don’t use swears words 😂

Swear away, its entertaining to see what the filter picks up and what it changes them to.

38 minutes ago, ezbass said:

:crigon_04:

Swear away, its entertaining to see what the filter picks up and what it changes them to.

On another forum I am in you get censored by the auto review for writing Richard Turpin. Or perhaps Richard Dale. Let’s see what happens here...