£3000
UK London

RSbassman

For sale a 2014 Skjold Erskine Whaleback 5-string in Mint condition

This bass sounds extraordinary and is very easy and comfortable to play 

Mahogany body
Flame Maple sub-top contrast layer
Burl Maple Top and Head Cap

33" scale (the first 33" bass built by Skjold) one piece Quarter Sawn Maple neck

Macassar Ebony Fretboard
Skjold Design custom pickups in custom Ebony ramp
Skjold/East custom 3 band preamp with active /passive option and passive tone control
Reunion Blues padded gig bag

Weight is 9.6lbs and is a very well balanced bass guitar

UK Sale Only i would prefer meet halfway or you collect from me social distanced 

or send courier at your risk insured.

Go check Damian Erskine he plays Skjold bass guitars the tone of these are incredible

peter erskine whaleback.jpg

whale back 3.jpg

whaleback backf.jpg

whaleback body back.jpg

whaleback body.jpg

whaleback full.jpg

whaleback headstock.jpg

whaleback plate.jpg

whalebackf.jpg

whalebak controls.jpg

reunion blues gig bag.jpg

bass in gigbag.jpg

Edited by RSbassman
price drop
  • Like 5

Whoa, now that's a rare old bit of stuff.

Sadly (for me) I don't have 3k to drop on a bass right now. I used to own a Skjold WB 6 some years ago though, excellent instrument, great sound, great neck, it was superb and probably the most comfortable 6 I've had. The original config for the electronics had a rotary pickup selector rather than a more conventional balance control, it wasn't to my liking so I contacted Pete Skjold who was very generous with his time and assistance. A balance arrived shortly afterwards from John East.

GLWTS although I doubt you'll need much luck to sell this...

7 hours ago, andybassdoyle said:

Whoa, now that's a rare old bit of stuff.

Sadly (for me) I don't have 3k to drop on a bass right now. I used to own a Skjold WB 6 some years ago though, excellent instrument, great sound, great neck, it was superb and probably the most comfortable 6 I've had. The original config for the electronics had a rotary pickup selector rather than a more conventional balance control, it wasn't to my liking so I contacted Pete Skjold who was very generous with his time and assistance. A balance arrived shortly afterwards from John East.

GLWTS although I doubt you'll need much luck to sell this...

Hi Andy i know i will regret selling this bass it was always a dream bass that i wanted to own and it more than lived up to my expectations feel and sound is just spot on the neck is like no other for comfort.

• RSbassman changed the title to Price Drop £2800 Skjold Erskine Whaleback 5-string in Mint condition