Why become a member? ×

Epiphone relaunches the Embassy bass in a range of finishes for 2021

PaulThePlug

7 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

Was the batwing, which I think suits this bass, the inspiration to a certain Mr. F. when creating the headstock for G & L? 

I hadn't thought of that before, certainly could have been.

While I've got you here, I forgot to confirm that my Embassy is indeed a product of the Epiphone Qingdao plant, stamped in November 2020.  I found a serial number from one from the previous "Pro" issue and it was July 2018, same factory code.  So, confirmed my suspicion - no factory change between the flat laquered "Embassy Pro" ones and the metallic finish new "Embassy" ones.

8 minutes ago, Saul Panzer said:

That is a fugly bass, too Rickenbacker for my taste.
Do wonder how it plays and sounds though.

It plays and sounds great, but I would say that, wouldn't I?  Not that it matters, it could sound amazing but if it doesn't float your boat aesthetically, you'll never gel with it.

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

It plays and sounds great, but I would say that, wouldn't I?  Not that it matters, it could sound amazing but if it doesn't float your boat aesthetically, you'll never gel with it.

I'll buy a fugly bass if the sound and feel are right, fortunately Rickenbacker prices mean I can wince at them and still not buy one.
Not sure I could say the same for these, the prices seem quite good from what I'm seeing and that honk with the tone turned down is pretty fun sounding.

• 2 weeks later...