Why become a member? ×

Basses you'll never sell ?

JohnFitzgerald

On 14/02/2021 at 11:26, binky_bass said:

Among a few others, I will never sell Binky or my USA Conklin 8. They are simply the best instruments I have ever seen/heard/owned. 

20180602_153828.thumb.jpg.40c7a161ab0128f812ee3d071202afd2.jpg

I thought that I was paranoid carrying three extra strings that hardly get used. And then I see this! 😎

• 1 month later...

when it comes to my current basses i think the '77 would be the last to go, it's been modded/stripped and has hardly any fret life left in it and it weighs far too much for my fragile back but it would be the hardest to part with as it's so nice to play and sounds just perfect.

77P.thumb.JPG.34c91580e0bf282166c05959d195c662.JPG

I'm expecting my new 5 string that @Andyjr1515 is building will be a forever bass as well, the rest wouldn't be easy to part with but if it really came to it they could go.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sgh said:

1579340639_GBRumour.thumb.jpg.32a4db30103fc2dcd6cae2b9855bf536.jpgGB1.thumb.jpg.fde8399a2a2f04332c2bd3e3136aa300.jpg

I said I'd never sell mine (almost a dead ringer) but it sat in a case forever as I was too precious about it. 

Wish I hadn't sold it though...

(but then there are about 10 others I could say that about)

• Like 1

At college I had a Bach Straduvarius trombone. Stunning instrument. Used to care for it like it was my child. Always slick(literally) and polished. After I graduated I treated every instrument I owned the same way - like it was about to go in a shop window for sale. It was only in 2019 when I picked up my Fender precision I changed. After less than two years it's scratched and battered (but still in great shape) and I only realised recently what the difference was. It was never going in a shop window because I knew I was never going to sell it!

unnamed copy.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I said I'd never sell mine (almost a dead ringer) but it sat in a case forever as I was too precious about it. 

Wish I hadn't sold it though...

(but then there are about 10 others I could say that about)

That's gorgeous - i was in the lucky position to choose between a very similar rumour and a Merlin.. The Merlin got the nod, narrowly. I'm keeping this one and my Spitfire 5 until I give it all up (i.e. Never). 

IMG_20200208_174350.thumb.jpg.74abd08fb670c02b02a80f168f696670.jpg

FB_IMG_1612129279446.jpg

FB_IMG_1612129028406.jpg

Edited by AlexMUK
  • Like 2

My '73. Bought in 1990 from Boogie Music IIRC. Done thousands of gigs on this. Light, perfect sound, everybody who plays it, loves it. A real players guitar too. I will sell it when I retire from playing although that won't be for a while yet (I'm 52)

Always love to post a picture of the old girl

Fender P bass 1975 003.JPG

• Like 11

On 02/04/2021 at 21:00, Matt P said:

when it comes to my current basses i think the '77 would be the last to go, it's been modded/stripped and has hardly any fret life left in it and it weighs far too much for my fragile back but it would be the hardest to part with as it's so nice to play and sounds just perfect.

77P.thumb.JPG.34c91580e0bf282166c05959d195c662.JPG

I'm expecting my new 5 string that @Andyjr1515 is building will be a forever bass as well, the rest wouldn't be easy to part with but if it really came to it they could go.

Why did you take that photo just after a bamboo chopstick landed on the scratch plate ?

4 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Why did you take that photo just after a bamboo chopstick landed on the scratch plate ?

Its actually part of a clothes hanger, the scratchplate has quite a few extra holes and when I first got the bass I relied heavily on a thumb rest, never got round to removing it. 😁

Matt 

10 minutes ago, Matt P said:

Its actually part of a clothes hanger, the scratchplate has quite a few extra holes and when I first got the bass I relied heavily on a thumb rest, never got round to removing it. 😁

Matt 

Fair enough 

My Aerodyne. the one on the left. It has had new machineheads, Gotoh Res-o-Lites and new pickups, Di Marzio 126 set. No matter what else I play. I always end up with it. Also my Peavey Milestone (P clone). It cost £50 and should be rubbish but it is not. Plywood body but it has a superb neck and plays and sounds great. Sorry no picture of that at the moment.

The bass on the right is a Greg Bennet by Samick. I could live with just that but it does not speak to me like tye other two and os currentky for sale

mBCBF0879-2CA9-465A-812E-892FAA40049A.thumb.jpeg.dcffbd1cb7a7ba5d832a355b68abdc3d.jpeg

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 3