Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Tone Capsule. Unused. Price Lowered.
£130
Workington, UK.

Bought for a project build which was abandoned and as such, never fitted.

The box has been opened twice, once when it arrived and again for the picture in this ad. While it looks quite at home on my shelf in its nice Darkglass box, I'm sure someone out there could put it to good use.

Included is 2 brand new 9v battery clips as a wee bonus.

£120 w/free 2nd class shipping. UK buyers only please.

Cheers!

*Edit to add that I'll consider trades for other bass/music related items of equal/greater value.

106095093_2523904457921175_1837708879900150382_o.jpg

Edited by FarFromTheTrees
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Henrythe8 said:

Interested, should you consider shipping to the distant and exotic country of France 🙂 

Hey there.

Well given this posting has had almost 3000 views and no interest, yes I'll consider shipping it to France haha.

If you can PM me some address details, i'll package it up and get some quotes for shipping if you're happy to cover the cost?

1 hour ago, Henrythe8 said:

Sorry, found one locally as of this morning.

Can't emphasize enough how great this preamp is, the frequency choice makes it soooo useful. 

No worries dude, thanks anyway!

I was actually tempted to install it into my Ray 35 but I need to be sensible as I could use the money haha.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FarFromTheTrees said:

Well mine doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so if you want to grab one and save a few quid in the process you know where to look 😅

Don't think i've heard one in a Warwick before. Which model is it? Warwicks of course usually have such a unique tone, I wonder how the DGTC would effect that?

It’s a Streamer Stage 1. I’ve watched a YouTube video of the preamp and he’s using a Warwick in some of the clips and it does sound pretty good 

15 hours ago, ern500evo said:

It’s a Streamer Stage 1. I’ve watched a YouTube video of the preamp and he’s using a Warwick in some of the clips and it does sound pretty good 

I just had a look on youtube for some examples and I found a couple. It does seem to work well in the Warwicks!

Give me a shout if you'd like to buy mine. It's packaged up and ready to go for whoever wants it. I can ship it out on the day of purchase no trouble :)

1 hour ago, FarFromTheTrees said:

I just had a look on youtube for some examples and I found a couple. It does seem to work well in the Warwicks!

Give me a shout if you'd like to buy mine. It's packaged up and ready to go for whoever wants it. I can ship it out on the day of purchase no trouble :)

I’m away until Tuesday now. I am tempted so I’ll have a think over the weekend and get back to you when I’m back. Someone will probably buy it over the weekend now 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I'm curious about this...this isn't like a John East (ie a full circuit replacement).  The Darkglass still requires a pair of pickups and volume controls for each and then replaces single tone pot with cut/boost low/mids/high?

I belive all you need are your pickups some knobs and a 9v battery and you are good to go :)

1 hour ago, Thunderbird said:

I belive all you need are your pickups some knobs and a 9v battery and you are good to go :)

There seems to be two different versions of the Tone Capsule, the version #1 is a little cube (that seems to do the processing) with lots of wires coming out of it, and the second version has a smaller circuit board version (the one on sale here), that has push-fit connectors and a smaller IC board:

darkglass-tone-capsule.jpg

There seems to be three ways to wire this up either vol/vol or vol/blend (same thing) or with a bypass switch, then routing the wires that would generally go to the tone control get routed through the Tone Capsule.  Interestingly, no treble boost/cut. 

image.png.967255103562102421fcc377f66fa84c.png

35 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

There seems to be two different versions of the Tone Capsule, the version #1 is a little cube (that seems to do the processing) with lots of wires coming out of it, and the second version has a smaller circuit board version (the one on sale here), that has push-fit connectors and a smaller IC board:

darkglass-tone-capsule.jpg

There seems to be three ways to wire this up either vol/vol or vol/blend (same thing) or with a bypass switch, then routing the wires that would generally go to the tone control get routed through the Tone Capsule.  Interestingly, no treble boost/cut. 

image.png.967255103562102421fcc377f66fa84c.png

That's actually very interesting I wasn't aware 2 versions existed hopefully the seller can shed more light on this for you as they do sound rather good obviously depending on the pups you use

• 3 weeks later...