Why become a member? ×

Precious Metals

TheGreek

The little jam at the end was good.

Nice to see Trujillo displaying his funky side.

I was a big Suicidal Tendencies fan in the early 90s, I think in many ways he had better opportunities to show off all sides of his playing with them than he has had or is likely to ever get with Metallica.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cato said:

The little jam at the end was good.

I was a big Suicidal Tendencies fan in the early 90s, I think in many ways he had better opportunities to show off all sides of his playing with them than he has had or is likely to ever get with Metallica.

Check out Infectious Grooves to see how insanely talented he is 😎

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

Check out Infectious Grooves to see how insanely talented he is 😎

I'd forgotten about Indfectious Grooves.

I remember listening to their first album in the 6th form common room.

Time to give it a proper listen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

According to the "next" video that appeared,  Les Claypool auditioned for Metallica.

That must've been something, not that they'd make a particularly good fit for each other. He'd leave Lars for dead if he got over-excited.

Robert Trujillo could also leave Lars in his dust if he wanted too.

You never know- Les Claypool might have got the gig and done the job fine, if he hadn't have asked them to jam on some Isley Brothers tunes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

According to the "next" video that appeared,  Les Claypool auditioned for Metallica.

That must've been something, not that they'd make a particularly good fit for each other. He'd leave Lars for dead if he got over-excited.

That's true, he auditioned for them after Cliff died, on request from his old school pal... Kirk Hammet

He was in a band called Blind Illusion before forming Primus with the guitarist from Possessed (Larry LaLonde).

Loved Trujillo's spaghetti western style bad lip syncing.

Edited by Skybone

4 hours ago, Cato said:

I was a medium-sized fanatic, until I saw them perform at home in Venice Beach. As I've gotten older I've grown into a larger fanatic, but it's not because I'm tall.

• Like 2

Love a bit of Suicidal ever since seeing them on the 4 band Clash of the Titans in Wembley- RT has been a beast for years.

Reminds me of the very incongruous site of Mad Mike Muir walking down Colchester High Street with a couple of M&S carrier bags. Think he'd been and bought sarnies...

Edited by redbandit599

1 hour ago, redbandit599 said:

Love a bit of Suicidal ever since seeing them on the 4 band Clash of the Titans in Wembley- RT has been a beast for years.

Reminds me of the very incongruous site of Mad Mike Muir walking down Colchester High Street with a couple of M&S carrier bags. Think he'd been and bought sarnies...

Rock and roll....

• Haha 1