Why become a member? ×

Music IQ test

Lloyd80

I found the out of tune singing easier than the others - I'd assumed as a bassist it would be the timing I was best at - but no! The out of tune singing set off a physical reaction, I actually recoiled at the bad one. Got one wrong, but frankly they both sounded dreadful!

• Like 1

Ouch!

This was bad, I expected something easier. For a bassist (I thought so), the beat alignment got really bad, 98. Melodic discrimination was made by piano, no thanks, 117. Only the mistuning perception felt good, scored 149. Overall 121. It is time to start to listen to radio and play. Radio helps my timing and is much easier to listen than any metronome.

40 minutes ago, Hobbayne said:

I only got 102. Mainly because I kept clicking on the wrong answer. xD

The out of tune singing was easier. The wrong note piano would have been better if you could hear the examples a second time.

A second time would of def made it easier. I did the best on the out of tune singing too. Being a drummer my timing was atrocious 🤣

• Haha 2

93, doesn't surprise me, I constantly get things wrong in band discussions, hell , our guitarist even told me I was playing one of my own songs wrongly, and he was right 😡.

I always say I do quite well for someone with no natural musical ability 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Lloyd80 said:

A second time would of def made it easier. I did the best on the out of tune singing too. Being a drummer my timing was atrocious 🤣

To be honest, I wasn't too sure what to do at first. I just clicked on anything till I got the hang of it. :sad:

musicPerception.thumb.png.106b9f02d1b8c32396afaa26aea12b35.png

14 hours ago, stewblack said:

I found the out of tune singing easier than the others - I'd assumed as a bassist it would be the timing I was best at - but no! The out of tune singing set off a physical reaction, I actually recoiled at the bad one. Got one wrong, but frankly they both sounded dreadful!

Same here - that test should have been "Which one makes you want to punch the singer most".

Pretty much like gigging really.

• Haha 4