Why become a member? ×

Anyone remember this advert ?

Wayne Firefly

• 4 months later...

You've reminded me that I still have pages that I tore out of magazines from when I was a young impressionable teen. One was from 1989. I'd stuck it on my wall and would look at the bass in the picture with wide eyes. It was a proper "Oh she will be mine!" Wayne's World moment (interesting as the film wouldn't come out for another three years lol) 

Oddly, given the amount if basses owned in between, It took me until around 2003 to finally get one ha ha and, by an interesting twist in the tale, the actual bass is a 1989! I have it and use it nearly every day. I also have a model from 1987 too. Dreams, as they say, can come true!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Making Music magazine! I loved that back in 86/87, endlessly rereading my pile of back issues. Ridiculously readable for a free magazine 😚

AKA Mark King Music, because he seemed to be on the cover most months! Pretty sure I've still got a stack of them somewhere...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bassassin said:

AKA Mark King Music, because he seemed to be on the cover most months! Pretty sure I've still got a stack of them somewhere...

I recall an unexpected number of reference to Alan Lancaster, too.

The article that I remember most clearly was a guide to touring pre-1989 Poland. Rule no.1: never attempt to outdrink a Pole.

Screenshot_20210703-071340_Snapseed.jpg

large-vintage-27x41cm-magazine-cutting-M

Edited by Ricky Rioli