Why become a member? ×

NBD...

diskwave

Been playing drums for a few years and spent a lot on good cymbals which Covid has messed with big time so sold them and bought a sweet Classic Vibe Squire P bass for home noodling.

How do they do it for the money...incredible workmanship and sounds,  well, like a P bass. There's no doubt about it the balance of power is moving away from Fender, this thing is crazy good easily as good if not better than any Fender I've owned over the years and I've had a few. Surprised Fender allows it really.

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

• Like 14

Compared to the Mex P I had years ago and even my current VM P which is nice its  light and day...just noticed the body edges and arm cut are completely smoothed over as all American Fenders are/were....it all adds the feel of quality...not super light at 8.6 Ibs but I cant put it down the neck is kind of slick and comfy.....Anyway, just felt it needed a shout out. If the American Fenders are better, what ever that means  then so be it...its definitely not worth the extra £1000 to me, no way.

• Like 2

Well that does look nice - is it a new one - made in Indonesia or one of the "Made in China" ones?   I have an old Squire P Bass Special Standard PJ (with a few tweaks)  and it's surprisingly good too.  (Rather "seen off" by the Sandberg but more enjoyable to play than my previous Fender P ..............)  

10 hours ago, Pirellithecat said:

Well that does look nice - is it a new one - made in Indonesia or one of the "Made in China" ones?   I have an old Squire P Bass Special Standard PJ (with a few tweaks)  and it's surprisingly good too.  (Rather "seen off" by the Sandberg but more enjoyable to play than my previous Fender P ..............)  

Cheers. Yes Indonesian, brand new this week

Its a bit of story actually. When I was 16 bk in 76 there was a punkyish band playing locally and the bassist who I got to know played a mid seventies walnut P bass just like this so Im kind of re-visiting the past in some ways, always loved the look.........Its a bit shiny and smooth but feels as good as any of the vintage P's Ive had.

53 minutes ago, gafbass02 said:

I hate p basses. But dayum I love those! Looks fantastic and I totally want one :) I may be moving towards being converted :)

Its ok...how many times have us olduns heard that....you'll come around, everyone does..it's an inescapable fact everyone ends up playing a P bass at some point.....peace.👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gafbass02 said:

It’s so true. I’ve always written off P basses as ‘old man basses’ Now I’m of an certain age and the strap has crept higher and the tone control lower and I quite fancy a p bass 🤣

ha ha...but seriously do it but you'll prob find it weird. First thing is it'll sound rubbish in ur room noodling...kinda dry and dull sounding....but take it to a room full of people chatting and shouting and you'll see what were on about....perfect. 🎶

28 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Not me...

Fair do's and u wont find many if any on the cruiser/pit scene...All I said was that I thought quite a lot of bassists at some point might enjoy playing a P bass...Just curious what do u play?

Edited by greavesbass