Why become a member? ×

I've think I've just come across the worst 'band' ever

Barking Spiders

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

I listened to a full Brokencyde record for a podcast I was listening to and it's the worst thing I've ever heard, and I include Lulu by Metallica & Lou Reed in that

I listened to St.Anger again the other day. I need to stop trying with that album. Jesus.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PatrickJ said:

What the actual flip was that.

I guess I'm officially old - I've hit the point where I no longer 'get' music of the youth. 

I was doing alright up to now, enjoying Baby Shark and Pink Fluffy Unicorns with the younger ones and attempting to appreciate some merits of the so called 'grime' with the older ones.  But I literally have no words for Brokencyde.

That tune is old enough to be hitting puberty. The average 2007 Brokencyde enjoyer is more likely to be working in IT than heading down the yoof club these days. 

6 hours ago, borntohang said:

That tune is old enough to be hitting puberty. The average 2007 Brokencyde enjoyer is more likely to be working in IT than heading down the yoof club these days. 

I know they're not current but we've been lucky enough in the UK to've been spared a lot of barrel bottom scraping dreck produced in the US. In 2007 we were having to put up with the likes of The Kooks and Pigeon Defectives but they're like the Beatles compared to Brokencyde and others of that ilk.

16 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

Sorry but nothing posted so far beats this favourite, imho:

Ahhhh......the under rehearsed middle aged band scenario.

Gave up playing when they were 17 and returned to it aged 40.

What they don't understand is that, what you could get away with at 17, you can't get away with when you're 40.

I have nightmares about being in this band.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Usually I try to find some merit in stuff that's not my bag. In jazz, prog, fusion and metal I appreciate the high levels of instrumental skill. With the likes of Mariah Carey, Whitney et al I know they can actually ding. However, by chance I've just come across some American youth called Brokencyde and this abortion of a record. I won't abuse the word 'song' or 'tune'  by applying them here.

BE WARNED. I doubt anyone here will have heard anything quite this bad. If you have please put it up for our delectation. Fortunately, we in the UK have been spared this pollution while a quick Google shows this lot are justly and widely reviled in the States.

I can hardly contain my indifference to the song, music, genre. It’s music that someone likes, and I’m sure they would hate some of the drivel that I listen to.

What disturbs me is that somehow, someone, somewhere said “put your hands round her throat and shout at them, that’s what we need”. The passive reaction by the females just reinforces the message that it’s ok. 
These decisions are made by adults, aimed at kids. Go adults! 
It’s Monday morning, I’ll get off my soap box....as you were. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldslapper said:

I can hardly contain my indifference to the song, music, genre. It’s music that someone likes, and I’m sure they would hate some of the drivel that I listen to.

What disturbs me is that somehow, someone, somewhere said “put your hands round her throat and shout at them, that’s what we need”. The passive reaction by the females just reinforces the message that it’s ok. 
These decisions are made by adults, aimed at kids. Go adults! 
It’s Monday morning, I’ll get off my soap box....as you were. 

There is an awful lot of misogyny in their lyrics, that was part of what made the album so awful

• Like 1

9 hours ago, borntohang said:

In some ways it could be argued that they were ahead of their time.

It's not a million miles from the vocoder/autotune rap combo that Drake and to a lesser extent Kanye West have had great commercial success with over the last few years.

3 hours ago, gjones said:

Ahhhh......the under rehearsed middle aged band scenario.

Gave up playing when they were 17 and returned to it aged 40.

What they don't understand is that, what you could get away with at 17, you can't get away with when you're 40.

I have nightmares about being in this band.

I think I auditioned for them on one occasion.......

And didn't get the job!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

On a Facebook thread for "worst cover" yesterday somebody nominated this. I replied to back them up, but went further and  said it was the worst piece of music ever, cover or not. So I guess I need to put my money where my mouth is and put it here.

Great tune. Hideous cover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cato said:

In some ways it could be argued that they were ahead of their time.

It's not a million miles from the vocoder/autotune rap combo that Drake and to a lesser extent Kanye West have had great commercial success with over the last few years.

I mean Brokencyde were going off the Crunk trend anyway but 100 GECS are absolutely taking that ball and running with it. They're pretty good if you don't mind your music being the aural equivalent of deep-fried memes. 

https://youtu.be/z97qLNXeAMQ

14 minutes ago, borntohang said:

I mean Brokencyde were going off the Crunk trend anyway but 100 GECS are absolutely taking that ball and running with it. They're pretty good if you don't mind your music being the aural equivalent of deep-fried memes. 

That was an experience.

Some of the comments are hilarious.

Brokencyde:

The New Musical Express stated in a review of I'm Not a Fan, But the Kids Like It!, that "even if I caught Prince Harry and Gary Glitter adorned in Nazi regalia defecating through my grandmother’s letterbox I would still consider making them listen to this album too severe a punishment."[24]

• Haha 2