Sharkfinger

** WITHDRAWN ** Warmoth (Roasted Maple) Neck / Squier Bitsa PJ Bass
£525
East Herts

Up for sale is my superb gigging PJ bass. I painstakingly built this up over a few years, trying out different combinations of bodies and pickups, centred around that superb Warmoth neck.

Times they are a changin' and I’d like something shorter to practice with in my very small home office.

This was superbly set up by Chris Ward of Bass Centre fame.  I even had him dress the fret ends.  It plays like an absolute dream and currently has an old set of GHS Pressurewounds that kinda sound like flats now.

Will be sad to see it go.

Here are the Specs:

Neck: Warmoth USA

• Style:    Tele® Bass    
  • Construction:    Super Bass Construction
  • Scale:    34"    
  • Orientation:    Right Handed    
  • Neck Wood:    Roasted Maple
  • Fingerboard Wood:    Indian Rosewood    
  • Nut Width:    1-11/16"    
  • Back Shape:    Slim Taper (about 21mm front-to-back at  nut)
  • Stiffening Rods:    Graphite Rods 
  • Fret Size:    6105    
  • Tuner Ream:    Hipshot Ultra Lite (14mm) 
  • Radius:    Straight 10"    
  • Fret #:    21    
  • Mounting Holes:    Standard 4 Bolt    
  • Inlays:    Cream Face Dots    
  • Side Dots:    White Side Dots    
  • String Nut:    GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut 
  • Finish: Tru-Oil (Gunstock Oil) finish (did this myself)
  • Hipshot USA Ultralite Tuners
  • Hipshot USA Ultralite Bass Xtender
  • Hipshot String Retainer

Body: Squier Affinity

• Original pickguard and bridge
  • Copper shielding in pickup routes
  • Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Pickup at neck
  • Dimarzio UltraJazz (Split coil) at bridge.  Currently wired in series for high output, but you could put a toggle on the scratchplate for parallel.
  • Kiogon wiring loom, with selector, vol, vol, tone.

Weight of this bass is a very reasonable 3.75Kg.  There are a few minor scratches and a couple of dings here and there but nothing that jumps out.  Hit me up if you want close up pics of anything.

Trade wise, I'm looking for a medium or short scale that's very light weight.  3.5Kg absolute maximum and preferably lighter. 

Price is a firm £525 £450 plus delivery.  EDIT: That is the one and only price drop before being parted out.

I estimate that insured, that will come out £40-50.  If you're local, you are welcome to look and try in a safe, socially distanced way, which probably means outside or in the garage.

If this doesn't sell, I'd look to part it out but let's face it, no one wants that hassle and I've got at least 1 box I can use.  It would be such a shame to break this up, as it feels like these were meant to be together.

Optionally, I can include the superb Mono M80 Case.  We'd have to work out a price for that.

1A9CDE9C-DF44-431B-8771-A59C1AEB10E4.jpeg

BE3617C2-6BAF-4B0C-A679-3AC314FDBB4D.jpeg

8955634B-748B-4C0A-A551-CA90B406B618.jpeg

E4C05F39-EB77-41CC-B4E8-0878A9304C10.jpeg

8B9BE412-C6DD-476F-96E2-ADAECA1701E3.jpeg

1A0E354B-3B76-4CC0-A25E-065E483AB1FB.jpeg

A70AD7BB-A106-4AF3-9EDF-99EF101C69F8.jpeg

6C17895C-7AA7-4E6F-8133-336727B12263.jpeg

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Like 4

Looks great. When you say it's a gigging bass can you confirm exactly what you mean by that. I've got a vague recollection of the term gigging but it feels like something from a long long time ago...

Seriously, nice bass. Glwts 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Looks great. When you say it's a gigging bass can you confirm exactly what you mean by that. I've got a vague recollection of the term gigging but it feels like something from a long long time ago...

Seriously, nice bass. Glwts 

I vaguely remember gigging too... and when I did, this is the bass I used.  Combination of great tone, versatility and reasonable weight meant that the others got left at home.   Including my fabulous Squier JV Precision.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zummerbass
      Bought from Basschatter Marc S in Nov 2017. PJ mods, Entwhistle p/ups done under his ownership ( Dave Dearnley iirc). The work has been done to a very high standard. I’ve barely played it and gigged it twice.Playing my Jazz bass almost exclusively now but even so I think I may regret letting this one go. Excellent condition just a couple of minor scratches on rear of body. Usual Classic Vibe build quality,one of the darkest rosewood boards i’ve ever seen. Weight- just a smidge over 9lb/4kg. I’ll include the gig bag it came with. Collection preferred (i’m not far from M5  junction 26)but could do a meet up. 

UPDATE
      I am now prepared to post this within UK.

• By adamlunt
      Hi everyone,
      I’ve decided to list my old P Bass in favour of something a little more traditional, perhaps with a sunburst and rosewood flavour. Not a desperate sale by any means, but I have a strict 1 in 1 out policy. 
      As you can see, it’s a great example of an old school ash-body, maple-board P Bass. Ready for punk and indie, but can handle soulful RnB all the same.
      I’ve owned the bass for just over five years now, and as a player’s instrument it’s certainly served it’s purpose, so as I’m sure you can understand, it isn’t in collector’s condition. The previous owners have modded the bass over the years as follows:
      Dimarzio PAF pickup - Earlier version of the Model P with the cream cover. Loud and punchy in the mids, but surprisingly dynamic. BadassII bridge installed at some point - Just the badass-est bridge ever! CTS pots - The originals probably wore out. For me, this just ensures the bass works. In 2020 (amidst all the chaos) I had the bass refretted with narrow/tall frets, and as a result it plays like a dream. I chose narrow/tall because they feel comfortable, and have used Daddario Chromes solidly, meaning there is no wear whatsoever. Even the most small-handed players should feel right at home!
      The body has some wear where a previous owner had fitted and removed a thumb rest, and the neck has some areas where the finish has come away, but this is no way affects playability.
      I know the important question with basses from the era is the weight, and while I don’t have scales, I’m guessing it’s 4.5-5kg, with most of the weight in the body. I'm 5'7" and around 9.5st, and it has never felt uncomfortable.
      I am looking for a sale at this point, as I hope to fund another bass, but if there is a nice sunburst P Bass out there, I am prepared to exchange with cash your way if needed. And I'm sure it goes without saying, please feel free to get in touch for more pics or info.
      All the best,
      Ad

• By musicbassman
      This is my Squier Vintage Modified five-string Jazz Bass. I bought this a couple of years ago to see if I wanted to change to a five string, but having played a four string bass for the last 50 years I have to accept I’m too old to change now !  I first advertised this on here just before lockdown but now there's possibly a light at the end of the Covid tunnel it's back up for sale.
      It dates from 2017, is all original and everything works perfectly. Strings were new on when I bought it (Rotosound medium gauge roundwounds) and as it’s only had very light home use they are still very bright. Pickups are loud and clean and there is a huge tone range on the instrument. It's a lot of bass for the money.
      The scratchplate shown was already fitted when it was purchased. There are a few minor marks and chips on the finish which are shown in the pics, these are cosmetic only and came with the bass when I bought it. Instrument comes with a hard case which is very solid and serviceable.
      You can arrange for this to be sent to you by courier if you wish, it's in a good solid case so should be fine, your responsibility to arrange this. Preferably the buyer collects from Chichester where I live or you could collect from London. (My son lives in London at Fulham and you can easily collect it from there by arrangement)
      Here’s the original sales information:
      Squier's five-string Vintage Modified Jazz Bass® V has a handsome white gloss finish, a soft maple body and one-piece maple neck with sharp-looking, elegant black binding and block inlays. Offering flexibility for today's modern styles that demand a deep low end, this bass offers superior sound and feel for the five-string bassist, with excellent Squier performance and value. Featuring a Soft maple body, Vintage-tint maple neck with “C”-shaped profile, 20-fret fingerboard with black binding and black block inlays, Dual Fender®-designed single-coil Jazz Bass pickups, Black pickguard, Five-string standard vintage-style bridge with single-groove saddles. The neck on this model sports a vintage-tinted gloss finish for a highly desirable aged look. This model has a slightly thinner "C"-shaped neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) than most models, providing a fast, smooth and comfortable fret-hand feel. These Fender-designed pickups are full of growling, authentic Fender tone.
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass
      Body: Soft Maple
      Body Finish: Polyester sharp-looking black binding and block inlays
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
      Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
      Weight: 10lbs approx

• By waveydavy
      Dimarzio cliplock strap. 2 inch nylon blue strap. Large replacement fixing screws and washers. Slightly tatty , 1980s strap- see photos for condition
    • By spyder
      With much regret I have to sell a beloved fretless bass.
      It’s a Carvin BB75P Bunny Brunel Signature 5 String Fretless.
      18 volt electronics with John East preamp.
       Lower three Knobs are......
      (1) stacked treble ( Pull for treble boost ) /  bass.
      (2) parametric mid.
      (3) passive tone control.
      The top three knobs are......
      (1) pan pot for piezo - humbuckers.
      (2) pan pot for bridge pickup - neck pickup.
      (3) master volume. ( push / pull for active or passive )
      Piezo bridge fitted.
      Two Seymour Duncan Humbuckers.
      Offset markers.
      Fret inlays.
      String-through-body.
      Strap Lok system.
      Fitted original case.
      Thomastik strings fitted as per picture.
      Strap is included.
      Weight is approx 4.3kg on Kitchen scales.
      Never gigged, only used at the studio or at home.
      £799 plus £25 UK postage.