Why become a member? ×

** WITHDRAWN ** Warmoth (Roasted Maple) Neck / Squier Bitsa PJ Bass
£525
East Herts

Sharkfinger

Up for sale is my superb gigging PJ bass. I painstakingly built this up over a few years, trying out different combinations of bodies and pickups, centred around that superb Warmoth neck.

Times they are a changin' and I’d like something shorter to practice with in my very small home office.

This was superbly set up by Chris Ward of Bass Centre fame.  I even had him dress the fret ends.  It plays like an absolute dream and currently has an old set of GHS Pressurewounds that kinda sound like flats now.

Will be sad to see it go.

Here are the Specs:

Neck: Warmoth USA

• Style:    Tele® Bass    
  • Construction:    Super Bass Construction
  • Scale:    34"    
  • Orientation:    Right Handed    
  • Neck Wood:    Roasted Maple
  • Fingerboard Wood:    Indian Rosewood    
  • Nut Width:    1-11/16"    
  • Back Shape:    Slim Taper (about 21mm front-to-back at  nut)
  • Stiffening Rods:    Graphite Rods 
  • Fret Size:    6105    
  • Tuner Ream:    Hipshot Ultra Lite (14mm) 
  • Radius:    Straight 10"    
  • Fret #:    21    
  • Mounting Holes:    Standard 4 Bolt    
  • Inlays:    Cream Face Dots    
  • Side Dots:    White Side Dots    
  • String Nut:    GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut 
  • Finish: Tru-Oil (Gunstock Oil) finish (did this myself)
  • Hipshot USA Ultralite Tuners
  • Hipshot USA Ultralite Bass Xtender
  • Hipshot String Retainer

Body: Squier Affinity

• Original pickguard and bridge
  • Copper shielding in pickup routes
  • Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Pickup at neck
  • Dimarzio UltraJazz (Split coil) at bridge.  Currently wired in series for high output, but you could put a toggle on the scratchplate for parallel.
  • Kiogon wiring loom, with selector, vol, vol, tone.

Weight of this bass is a very reasonable 3.75Kg.  There are a few minor scratches and a couple of dings here and there but nothing that jumps out.  Hit me up if you want close up pics of anything.

Trade wise, I'm looking for a medium or short scale that's very light weight.  3.5Kg absolute maximum and preferably lighter. 

Price is a firm £525 £450 plus delivery.  EDIT: That is the one and only price drop before being parted out.

I estimate that insured, that will come out £40-50.  If you're local, you are welcome to look and try in a safe, socially distanced way, which probably means outside or in the garage.

If this doesn't sell, I'd look to part it out but let's face it, no one wants that hassle and I've got at least 1 box I can use.  It would be such a shame to break this up, as it feels like these were meant to be together.

Optionally, I can include the superb Mono M80 Case.  We'd have to work out a price for that.

1A9CDE9C-DF44-431B-8771-A59C1AEB10E4.jpeg

BE3617C2-6BAF-4B0C-A679-3AC314FDBB4D.jpeg

8955634B-748B-4C0A-A551-CA90B406B618.jpeg

E4C05F39-EB77-41CC-B4E8-0878A9304C10.jpeg

8B9BE412-C6DD-476F-96E2-ADAECA1701E3.jpeg

1A0E354B-3B76-4CC0-A25E-065E483AB1FB.jpeg

A70AD7BB-A106-4AF3-9EDF-99EF101C69F8.jpeg

6C17895C-7AA7-4E6F-8133-336727B12263.jpeg

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

Looks great. When you say it's a gigging bass can you confirm exactly what you mean by that. I've got a vague recollection of the term gigging but it feels like something from a long long time ago...

Seriously, nice bass. Glwts 

I vaguely remember gigging too... and when I did, this is the bass I used.  Combination of great tone, versatility and reasonable weight meant that the others got left at home.   Including my fabulous Squier JV Precision.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...