Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

I watched one of the My Life As A Rolling Stone episodes on iPlayer, the Keith Richards one.

Pretty vacuous and poorly made to be honest. Keith himself,  I love listening to anyway, was great, but they didn't focus enough on Keith telling us about his life as a Stone. I'd like to hear from the man in his own way.

Perhaps it's my age 😁

• Like 1

On 09/07/2022 at 13:07, Marvin said:

I watched one of the My Life As A Rolling Stone episodes on iPlayer, the Keith Richards one.

Pretty vacuous and poorly made to be honest. Keith himself,  I love listening to anyway, was great, but they didn't focus enough on Keith telling us about his life as a Stone. I'd like to hear from the man in his own way.

Perhaps it's my age 😁

Having watched all 4 of these I have to agree Keith’s was the weakest episode. I thought Mick’s was best as he seemed to be honest in his interview without much pretence. A close second was Charlie Watts, the ‘jazz drummer in the rock n roll band’, so different from the archetypal rock star, Charlie loved his drumming but didn’t care much for the fame and hysteria being a ‘Stone’ brought to him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, leroydiamond said:

Watched The Eagles from 1973 earlier. Love them or hate them, they were the mutts nuts when it came to nailing harmony vocals

I watched their vocal warm up to ‘Seven Bridges Road’ backstage from 1977 on YouTube and it was spot on, just the five of them singing it in a circle with no music.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Velarian said:

Just watching Bob Marley Reimagined on BBC 2. 

Disappointing lack of bass in the mix I think. 

I’ve turned it off , the program after this , When Bob Marley came to Britain is worth watching, there’s some great footage on that 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve turned it off , the program after this , When Bob Marley came to Britain is worth watching, there’s some great footage on that 

Me too! I even turned my sub-woofer up to full but it was only marginally better. 

I’m now reliving my youth by watching Dogtown and the Z-Boys on Sky Documentaries but will take a look at your recommendation at 10pm. Cheers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Velarian said:

Me too! I even turned my sub-woofer up to full but it was only marginally better. 

I’m now reliving my youth by watching Dogtown and the Z-Boys on Sky Documentaries but will take a look at your recommendation at 10pm. Cheers. 

I switched over to James Bond, I’ve probably seen it a hundred times 😁

12 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I really enjoyed that. 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, casapete said:

On BBC4 tonight (Friday 19th) there is some Stevie Wonder stuff.

Starts at 22.40 with ‘Stevie at the BBC’, followed by the ace ‘A Night of Wonder’

at 22.40. Probably on iPlayer for a while too I would think.

Thanks. I think he is probably the biggest single musical hero of mine…those 70s albums were absolute perfection (apart from ‘…Plants’).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just watching Jeff Lynnes ELO at Wembley again - love this show.

Ya mean Take That featuring Jeff Lynne?😂

Blasted out a hits compo the other day when the wife was out - guilty pleasure for sure, Łozz! 👍