Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

6 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

BBC Four tonight 10.40pm.... highlights from 6music festival

Also preceding the above, there are two Bonnie Raitt concerts on BBC4 starting at 9pm with The Four Sessions, followed by an OGWT special at 10pm. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Just as a heads up; Sky Arts channel is showing “A saucer full of secrets” (Nick Masons side project) doing a gig at the Roundhouse, this Thursday 11:30pm.  Nick, Guy Pratt, Gary Kemp, and someone else.  I’ll give it a go as I love the early Floyd stuff....

Haven't heard the song in the OP yet, (will do now) but Wright and Waters were always the guts of the band to me after Syd left,

Just cross-posting this here in case anyone missed it in the other thread.

This is the Floyd era for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Just cross-posting this here in case anyone missed it in the other thread.

This is the Floyd era for me.

Really enjoyed this concert (and the album) and can’t wait to see them in Nottingham in a couple of weeks 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I went to see them shortly before COVID & lockdowns. Considering I didn’t know any of their material (went with mates who have liked them for years) I really enjoyed it.

Met them when they played in Manchester, soon after the film.

Really really nice guys. 

Came in the day of the show and came in the day after as we’d sorted a couple of long cables for them - I soldered Lip’s guitar lead 😂.

Forgive the image of me with them - I lost 3 stone soon after this (June 2010).

219D8F82-4224-4A53-9950-8D6D8781640C.jpeg

DADCAB9E-DE9B-4F96-B2D6-01074FBF678C.jpeg

• Like 2

I watched the Hollies documentary on Sky Arts last night. Interesting to watch Eric Haydock playing a 6 string Fender bass on most of the early records before moving to Precision shortly before quitting the band. 
Long Cool Woman in a Black dress is pure CCR. 

22 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

I watched the Hollies documentary on Sky Arts last night. Interesting to watch Eric Haydock playing a 6 string Fender bass on most of the early records before moving to Precision shortly before quitting the band. 

It's been on before, really enjoyed it, always had a soft spot for the Hollies, it seems to me a lot of bass players seem to finish up playing a precision

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff Edge said:

Great band although often overlooked. Had so many hits and all featured great playing/singing from the band. 

Eric Haydock sadly died a few years ago - I briefly met him at a guitar show and he seemed a nice bloke.

The band is still active - the current bass player is Ray Stiles who was with Mud for many years.

I think the only original members left are drummer Bobby Elliott and ace guitarist Tony Hicks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

Sky Arts  21:00-23:00

New:  The Grateful Dead

@Dad3353;  Can you get Sky Arts?

Nope (or at least, not that quickly...). Anyway, only two hours..? Hardly enough time for the opening number and half of 'Dark Star'. 9_9 Thanks for the 'heads up', though. B|

:lol:

• Like 1

If there are any Eric Clapton fans left (after his recent comments on vaccinations), Sky Arts are previewing a new biographical film called ‘Nothing but the blues’, airing at 9pm this Friday, 20th May.

On the same night at 9.30pm on BBC4 there is a profile of Emmylou Harris called ‘From a deeper well’ . If you like this you may want to catch Linda Ronstadt in concert in 1976 at 11.30pm on the same channel too.

5 minutes ago, casapete said:

If there are any Eric Clapton fans left (after his recent comments on vaccinations), Sky Arts are previewing a new biographical film called ‘Nothing but the blues’, airing at 9pm this Friday, 20th May.

On the same night at 9.30pm on BBC4 there is a profile of Emmylou Harris called ‘From a deeper well’ . If you like this you may want to catch Linda Ronstadt in concert in 1976 at 11.30pm on the same channel too.

Ooh! I saw a Linda on her only (?) UK tour that year …fantastic backing band. 

• Like 1

Not TV but a bass special from Vic Galloway on BBC Radio Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017cy9

A two hour show featuring some bass-heavy tunes, snippets of Peter Hook, Jah Wobble and Youth among others talking about the low end. Predominantly post-punk era so fans of Jaco, Wooten etc. need not bother themselves with such frothiness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, upside downer said:

Not TV but a bass special from Vic Galloway on BBC Radio Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017cy9

A two hour show featuring some bass-heavy tunes, snippets of Peter Hook, Jah Wobble and Youth among others talking about the low end. Predominantly post-punk era so fans of Jaco, Wooten etc. need not bother themselves with such frothiness.

As a regular Radio Scotland listener between 6 and 8, I stuck around for Vic’s show. I enjoyed it, even though for the most part it featured bands that I’m not particularly well acquainted with (although I am aware of them) and look forward to him doing a follow up, which he seemed keen on doing (maybe Pino might get a mention in connection with D’Angelo in that episode, as that genre seems to fit the show’s general remit). Tina Weymouth getting played on 3 tracks was an absolute bonus. Only one part of it all irritated me, it was when Hooky described Joy Division and New Order as world changing; man alive, he needs to get over himself. All in all, definitely worth a listen, if only for Vic’s overall enthusiasm.

• Like 1