Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

Mike Campbell is superb, very much overlooked.

I've just mistakenly watched the Radiohead gig on Sky Arts. I've got quite a few of their albums but I'm glad I've never gone to see them live, hell they're dull. They seem to have persuaded audiences that 'garage jams' and dicking about with old gear with loads of patch cables sprouting from it is edgey. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

I've just mistakenly watched the Radiohead gig on Sky Arts. I've got quite a few of their albums but I'm glad I've never gone to see them live, hell they're dull. They seem to have persuaded audiences that 'garage jams' and dicking about with old gear with loads of patch cables sprouting from it is edgey. 

I watched the Radiohead gig too, well for about 20 mins which was all I could manage. Let’s just say it’s not my kinda thing and I’ll stop there. 

On 31/08/2021 at 11:21, PaulWarning said:

just watched the "Punk" program, how fat has John Lydon got? I barely recognised him, he's huge, can't say I enjoyed it that much, Dave Vanian came across OK, but using the isolated Bass track on the Pistols doing God Save the Queen at the Winter Gardens was a bit below the belt

He probably got free Country Life butter for the rest of life when he did those TV ads for them a few years back.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Marvin said:

🙄 Radiohead’s 2017 Glastonbury spot is, IMO, probably the best televised gig I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, steantval said:

Not seen it yet as I have it recorded.

Stop Draggin My Heart Around is a cracking track by Tom and Stevie.

That is a great song, and SN is okay on it. Should have left it there though rather than staying on with the band for some other wailing. 😆

8 hours ago, Japhet said:

He probably got free Country Life butter for the rest of life when he did those TV ads for them a few years back.

Those butter ads, always brings me back to these misfits. :D (contains some grown up words btw)

10 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

It’s been on before but, Rudeboy the story of Trojan records is on sky arts, it’s worth a watch if you haven’t seen it 

I caught the last half of this. Superb. Really hope it will be shown again soon.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bix said:

I caught the last half of this. Superb. Really hope it will be shown again soon.

It was on a few months ago so I’m guessing it will be repeated, might be worth setting a reminder for it if you can, another one to keep an eye out for that you might like is , Bob Marley- catch a fire , there’s some great old footage on that one 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, martin8708 said:

Enjoyed watching Steve Miller live at Austin City Limits , always liked his music ,and he played all the great hits .

Mystified by the lack of bass player ( probably the keys player playing bass lines ) until Mr Renham ( from Renham Industries ) played a Stingray 5 on Livin in the USA .

I was onstage with SMB at Hammersmith in 1983 when their soundcheck was called. Gerald Johnson still hadn’t arrived and I was plucking up the courage to ask to stand in... till I realised he was a southpaw😕

• Like 1

Over the weekend I noticed Steve Gadd, Anthony Jackson and Richard Tee were part of the band backing a couple of singers on an open air gig.

It's up on iPlayer.

BBC iPlayer - Simon & Garfunkel: Concert in Central Park

Edited by lowdown

3 hours ago, lowdown said:

Over the weekend I noticed Steve Gadd, Anthony Jackson and Richard Tee were part of the band backing a couple of singers on an open air gig.

It's up on iPlayer.

BBC iPlayer - Simon & Garfunkel: Concert in Central Park

The programme preceding it was excellent as well Simon & Garfunkel: The Harmony Game which is also up on iPlayer.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...