Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

Kylie at Hyde Park last night on BBC4...I lasted 20 secs. Not Kylie's fault...why is live sound, even recorded live sound, if that's not an oxymoron, such a problem for the BBC? The sound was awful! The vocals, this time seemed way louder than everything else which you couldn't hear anyway.

I turned over and there was Eric Clapton in the mid and far east (something like that). The sound was markedly better...unfortunately the camera work for the live show segments were naff.

I went to sleep than.

23 hours ago, Marvin said:

Kylie at Hyde Park last night on BBC4...I lasted 20 secs. Not Kylie's fault...why is live sound, even recorded live sound, if that's not an oxymoron, such a problem for the BBC? The sound was awful! The vocals, this time seemed way louder than everything else which you couldn't hear anyway.

I had issues with BBC technicians when doing a live radio show years ago. We had to tell them how to mic stuff up, they had no idea. 
Sound on TV recordings of festivals etc. is often bad. You’d think they would take the feed off the mix desk which should be reasonably well balanced if the guys on the desk are doing their job properly. 

SkyArts this afternoon. Don Henley Austin City Limits at 15.00. 
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. 2006 concert in Gainesville. At 18.20. This may be the concert featured in the Running Down a Dream documentary. If it is it’s well worth a watch.  

• Thanks 1

Just started watching McCartney 3,2,1 on Disney +

Series of six 30 min programmes of Macca chatting with Rick Rubin about his career and everything that has shaped it. Really interesting stuff and shot in black and white too. Recommended. 😊

12 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I think there’s a few Ramones fans here, you might be interested in recording program on sky arts at 00.15 tonight, Punk, the ramones visit London 

Darn, only just seen this post. Still I’m sure it will be on again, will keep my eyes open for this.

13 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I think there’s a few Ramones fans here, you might be interested in recording program on sky arts at 00.15 tonight, Punk, the ramones visit London 

Thanks.... I saw the post in time and set the recorder.

Looking forward to finding some 'me' time to watch it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

The Ramones were certainly not amongst the punk bands who included reggae songs or reggae-inluenced bass-lines😃.

I’d probably recognise their songs if I heard them, I remember Sheena is a punk rocker, omg it was 1977 

9 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’d probably recognise their songs if I heard them, I remember Sheena is a punk rocker, omg it was 1977 

Saw them around 77/78 at Hull Uni. Gig lasted maybe 40 mins and every song sounded like Sheena....😆

• Haha 1

Just watching the prog about Jeff Lynne & ELOs Wembley concert. Pretty good, decent sound - which must have been difficult considering how many instruments- and a left handed bassist playing with the strings from G at the top to E on the bottom - obviously learned on a right handed one upside down.

5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Just watching the prog about Jeff Lynne & ELOs Wembley concert. Pretty good, decent sound - which must have been difficult considering how many instruments- and a left handed bassist playing with the strings from G at the top to E on the bottom - obviously learned on a right handed one upside down.

Lee Pomeroy - also seen with Take That, Steve Hackett, YES/ARW... amazing player.

3 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Lee Pomeroy - also seen with Take That, Steve Hackett, YES/ARW... amazing player.

Yep, they just introduced the band and I purposely listened out to find out who he was, and yes he’s very good, one song involved a rather fast amount of riffing and it looked like a walk in the park to him.

10 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Yep, they just introduced the band and I purposely listened out to find out who he was, and yes he’s very good, one song involved a rather fast amount of riffing and it looked like a walk in the park to him.

Just recorded an album with Caravan, don’t know if he will tour with them though.

Bros: After The Sreaming Stops - BBC4 Friday (3rd Sept) at 00:30 (Sat morning).

Just in case anyone missed this heart-warming documentary glimpse behind the scenes of the Goss brothers come-back*

*I’m joshing, it’s just a hilariously cringe-making car crash that you will probably watch between your fingers.

26 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Just in case anyone missed this heart-warming documentary glimpse behind the scenes of the Goss brothers come-back*

*I’m joshing, it’s just a hilariously cringe-making car crash that you will probably watch between your fingers.

They sacked their bass player Craig Logan. That’s when I left the fan club...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Friend of mine was the MD for them for that gig, remember seeing photos he took from the stage. He appears in the documentary too, playing guitar.

• Like 1