Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

10 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I don’t mind a little bit of Dire straits, they are on sky arts today at 18.00 

I know it's not "cool" to admit that you like a bit of Dire Straits,but now that someone as cool as you...someone who posts Trojan stuff...has admitted that they like it, I feel safer....

I don't mind a little bit of Dire Straits, they are on Sky Arts today at 18.00!

:D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

I know it's not "cool" to admit that you like a bit of Dire Straits,but now that someone as cool as you...someone who posts Trojan stuff...has admitted that they like it, I feel safer....

I don't mind a little bit of Dire Straits, they are on Sky Arts today at 18.00!

:D

Why thank you Raymondo,😁  I didn’t know they weren’t cool, I’m not into much geetard stuff but the sound  mark knophler gets is great 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

IMO DS were vilified in the 90s mainly because they were so huge (and to be fair, they got a little bloated). But really they were a hell of a band.

I could quite happily never hear Money For Nothing or Walk of Life again, but those aside, they’ve always been a great band. His solo stuff is nice too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4000 said:

I could quite happily never hear Money For Nothing or Walk of Life again, but those aside, they’ve always been a great band. His solo stuff is nice too. 

Agree, from what I’ve heard of them I prefer the earlier material, Sultans of Swing being my fave track.

Watched The Doobies, pretty good. Vocals almost too good to be true at times,  but overall very enjoyable.

Just watching Santana now but had enough of the interminable percussion so calling it a night.😴

On 22/05/2021 at 08:34, hooky_lowdown said:

Unlike some of the old farts on here I like the Sleaford Mods. Punk ethic, a little political, passionate, honest. A lot of their stuff is bass driven, even if sampled, melodic.

enjoy Sky Arts while you can, had a new aerial installed today, the aerial guy reckoned it's only on Freeview for a while so as to suck us in to getting Sky, good luck with that one Sky

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, steantval said:

Currently watching the Bob Dylan 30th anniversary celebration concert, loads of artists doing Dylan songs.

I always thought that anybody could do a Bob Dylan Song better than Bob, I've just changed my mind after seeing Eric Clapton

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 00:06, casapete said:

Watched The Doobies, pretty good. Vocals almost too good to be true at times,  but overall very enjoyable.

Believe me, it is ALL live. I've been up close with them live and at fan meets and there is no trickery involved. They are all amazing singers......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cetera said:

Believe me, it is ALL live. I've been up close with them live and at fan meets and there is no trickery involved. They are all amazing singers......

Absolutely +1 to this. 

The gig also reminded me that I have Tom Johnston's first solo album ("Everything You've Heard Is True") which will be winging it's way to my record player asap :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cetera said:

I'm sure they are. Thought the bass player (John Cowan?) had a great voice, and enjoyed his playing too. 

• Like 1

Just browsing the coming week’s TV and seen that next Friday 4th June on BBC4 at 9pm there is the TV premiere of the 2019 film ‘Once Were Brothers : Robbie Robertson and The Band’. Will definitely be watching this.

Following that at 10.35pm there is On Guitar - Lenny Kaye! ‘The quest for new guitar sounds’ apparently.

• Like 1

BBC 1 now on Gary Barlow - I’m with the band.

Really enjoying this, a similar set up to Darryl's House, good players and guest artists, you can see a lot of emotion that musicians are getting a chance to play together and seriously enjoying it.

The bass player is Dayna Fisher.

Edited by steantval