Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

19 minutes ago, steantval said:

Currently enjoying watching Bowie Glass Spider, superb musicians and I was surprised to see Peter Frampton doing lead guitar duties, fantastic player.

I photographed this tour at Wembley 

https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/news-photo/photo-of-david-bowie-performing-live-onstage-on-glass-news-photo/84899816

Edited by lonestar
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, steantval said:

Currently enjoying watching Bowie Glass Spider, superb musicians and I was surprised to see Peter Frampton doing lead guitar duties, fantastic player.

I know a lot of fans aren't keen on this period of his career, but this is one of my all time fav gigs. Some great versions of his songs. Very 80’s which i also like. 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 01:40, Teebs said:

⬆️

Agree entirely!

He seemed very normal - some others have been a bit 'spesh'.

Loved the Eric Burden prog. on  BBC4 too!

Was a bit shocked at his explanation that Free split because ‘Andy wanted to go commercial, I wanted to go back to the Blues and Koss didn’t back me up...’

1 minute ago, Mickeyboro said:

Was a bit shocked at his explanation that Free split because ‘Andy wanted to go commercial, I wanted to go back to the Blues and Koss didn’t back me up...’

Yeah, I didn’t buy that. I thought Mr Rodgers was particularly measured during the interview. From what I know of him, from folk with a closer connection , is that he is Mr Business.

Also watched the Joe Walsh episode. Now I love a bit of Joe, he’s a marvellous musician, but he always seems so out of it these days, almost as if he’s had a stroke. All those years of coke and vodka have taken their toll. 

Just started to watch the Knopfler episode, so far it seems good. MK always seems so laid back and grounded in TV type situations, not always best for TV, but refreshingly ‘normal’ for a rock megastar.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 00:52, steantval said:

Really enjoyed the Paul Rodgers interview

In my top 10 fav singists. 
Listening to a bit o’ Queen with PR after the programme, and I preferred his sound to FM. Probably sacrilege I know, but seemed to suit the feel of the band more. OVMV

On 12/03/2021 at 16:00, Lozz196 said:

A 30min prog about Credence Clearwater Revival just starting.

Just watched 10 mins of this before deleting.

Annoying mix of (mostly) still photos, familiar music and British talking heads pontificating unconvincingly about an American band.

Cheap TV! At least I don’t pay for it...😷

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Just watched 10 mins of this before deleting.

Annoying mix of (mostly) still photos, familiar music and British talking heads pontificating unconvincingly about an American band.

Cheap TV! At least I don’t pay for it...😷

I’ve seen a few of these 30 minute ‘profiles’ and not seen one yet that’s worth recommending. Filler.

• Like 3