Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

9 hours ago, Teebs said:

particularly Muse live.

My closest friend play’s in a few rock/metal bands in Southend, and he said if I learnt a few songs I could jump in and play one with his band, i said yeah sure, so he sent me, Hysteria by Muse , I’d never heard it before so I gave it a shot, and Wow , it took me about a week to get the first 30 seconds down 😁, I gave up, I’m sure he done it on purpose 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

My closest friend play’s in a few rock/metal bands in Southend, and he said if I learnt a few songs I could jump in and play one with his band, i said yeah sure, so he sent me, Hysteria by Muse , I’d never heard it before so I gave it a shot, and Wow , it took me about a week to get the first 30 seconds down 😁, I gave up, I’m sure he done it on purpose 😂

Take out the fuzz, slow it right down and it’d sound great in a reggae. 😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah definitely, and the notes are suited too, I used this cover to try it

Crikey!

I had heard it before, kinda liked Muse when ever I'd heard them and,  had heard that he was a good bass player but, 

Flippin ada ...I think I would have given up too! :scratch_one-s_head:

Good luck with the regaefication .:i-m_so_happy:

• Like 1

The thing with Hysteria is that once you've got it committed to muscle memory it just bounces quite nicely. I used to do it in a previous band and it always followed 'No One Knows' by Queen's Of The Stone Age. No One Knows isn't difficult but has some odd timing/phrasing that I was always relieved to get out of the way, I'd get to the end, breathe a sigh of relief, glance at the setlist and go "oh sh!t, Hysteria". 🙄😁

Another tale if I may. The guitarist and singer in the Mod band I'm in have always been in bands together and in a previous incarnation had Muse on as a support band, a tale the guitarist likes to tell every now and again, to which I always reply, "Yeah whatever happened to them?" Whilst sarcastically glancing around whatever dingy venue we're in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 19/02/2021 at 22:24, Maude said:

Tomorrow (Saturday) 9pm, The Cure live in Hyde Park, 40th anniversary concert. 

A pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. 

🙂

The Cure are very much my kind of band and they have an extensive back catalogue of fantastic, memorable songs; but I've never heard so many bum notes in a performance in a long time (mostly it appears from Robert Smith's guitar playing).

6 hours ago, BigRedX said:

The Cure are very much my kind of band and they have an extensive back catalogue of fantastic, memorable songs; but I've never heard so many bum notes in a performance in a long time (mostly it appears from Robert Smith's guitar playing).

I adore The Cure and can forgive them of most things but it wasn't great was it. A shame because I really enjoyed the Glastonbury set a couple of years ago. I almost bought tickets for this Hyde Park one and although I'd have enjoyed it I'm kind of glad I didn't. 

3 minutes ago, MB1 said:

I’m now frightened to tune in .....Queen seem to be on on a perpetual loop ...and I can’t think what I might have done wrong to deserve this?

know what you mean, they seem to be on every time I tune into the oldies radio stations as well, I just think they're like magnolia paint, a bit bland and inoffensive

Just watching The Jam, Bruce Foxton really doesn’t get the credit he deserves, his playing is both very melodic and busy. Couple this with that he sings on most of the songs as well as I think it’s a shame that he’s often overlooked with Paul Weller occupying the genius position.

• Like 6