Why become a member? ×

Fodera NYC Sold please delete
£2350
germany

busccini

hi , im looking to reduce my collection so up for sale a great bass early fodera nyc, someone tell me this basses with no butterfly were really made in usa and not in japan .

i think this one is from 1994 and is in amazing conditions , only few minor sings of use on the finish , some small dents but nothing serious.

specs

neck 3 pieces maple 35 scale

fingerboard and headstock birdseye maple

body ash, top quilted maple blue finish

lollar pickups and 2 band mike pope preamp

no looking for any trade with this one but who knows

DSCF0058.JPG

DSCF0060.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

DSCF0063.JPG

Edited by busccini
  • Like 4

For all of them wood was chosen in NYC among the same wood reserve as the customs, then sent to Japan to be cut and assembled then went back to NYC for finitions. 

At the time only Vinnie and Joey worked at the shop hence the lack of time for "standard" work ;)

Earlier ones the better (mine was from 1997 and maybe I should have kept it ahah), with angled headstock and 3 piece neck ;) Those details are reserved for customs nowadays. 

Good luck with sale!!! 

Edited by k-sad

5 hours ago, k-sad said:

For all of them wood was chosen in NYC among the same wood reserve as the customs, then sent to Japan to be cut and assembled then went back to NYC for finitions. 

At the time only Vinnie and Joey worked at the shop hence the lack of time for "standard" work ;)

Earlier ones the better (mine was from 1997 and maybe I should have kept it ahah), with angled headstock and 3 piece neck ;) Those details are reserved for customs nowadays. 

Good luck with sale!!! 

Thanks , yes this one is really at the Same Level AS a custom one

• Like 1

If this wasn't blue I'd be all over it!!! 

One day I'll buy back an other one ;)

(my oldest one had a graphite neck : very rare and MASSIVE sounding, only sold it becoz i had the opportunity to buy an Emperor 2 with same wood combo, alder / ebony... The Emperor 2 did have more "sound" with the neck through, but basically the difference was not worth 4k more ahah) 

9 hours ago, k-sad said:

If this wasn't blue I'd be all over it!!! 

One day I'll buy back an other one ;)

(my oldest one had a graphite neck : very rare and MASSIVE sounding, only sold it becoz i had the opportunity to buy an Emperor 2 with same wood combo, alder / ebony... The Emperor 2 did have more "sound" with the neck through, but basically the difference was not worth 4k more ahah) 

You are right i was thinking about get this one striped but normaly is a Bad Idea to modified a fodera

• Like 1

• ped locked this topic