Why become a member? ×

AC Adapter

ped

2 minutes ago, John Cribbin said:

That power supply is fine it's universal 100-240 volts.

It will happily work over here, just need a travel adapter and job done.

Hi John yes it works fine but looking for a uk equivalent 

Did you buy you Backbeat new? If so where from?

UK consumer law states that all electrical appliances must be sold with a UK standard 13A plug or a fused adaptor that fits permanently over the existing plug completely enclosing all the contacts. Supplying a plug-in adaptor is not acceptable. 

If this was bought new go back to the company you got it from and insist that they either supply a PSU with a UK plug on it, or a legally acceptable locking adaptor for the supplied PSU FoC.

13 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Did you buy you Backbeat new? If so where from?

UK consumer law states that all electrical appliances must be sold with a UK standard 13A plug or a fused adaptor that fits permanently over the existing plug completely enclosing all the contacts. Supplying a plug-in adaptor is not acceptable. 

If this was bought new go back to the company you got it from and insist that they either supply a PSU with a UK plug on it, or a legally acceptable locking adaptor for the supplied PSU FoC.

No it was used and probably from the US. I don’t mind using an adapter as it fits in the case with the US plug better but if I’m going to leave it plugged in at home somewhere out of the way then the superior UK plug gets a thumbs up. No biggie if it’s going to be complicated which it sounds like it will be!

According to this photo, your PSU comes from Germany and the plug is a typical EU one (Italian and Swiss ones are different). It doesn't help for your quest, but it might help you locating where you bought it, but certainly not the USA if it's the PSU that came with. 😉

• Like 1

This looks like it's what you want

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC14V-2A-UK-EU-US-AU-Adapter-AC-to-DC-Converter-Power-Supply-Adapter-5-5-2-PCL/154233414667?hash=item23e907240b:g:CnIAAOSwylpfz0LV&var=454339966712

Select UK version from drop-down box.

Just need to double check that the DC plug is the correct size.

Edited by obbm
  • Thanks 1

Beware El Cheapo wall warts and PSUs. I've tried several and they all produce a horrible audible spike. The voltages claimed and printed on them bear little resemblance to reality if you measure them. There's a reason PSUs from Voodoo, Strymon et al don't cost £9.99.

5 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Beware El Cheapo wall warts and PSUs. I've tried several and they all produce a horrible audible spike. The voltages claimed and printed on them bear little resemblance to reality if you measure them. There's a reason PSUs from Voodoo, Strymon et al don't cost £9.99.

Oh definitely, however if this one makes a noise it’s fine as it’ll only be used to charge something up every now and then. As long as it doesn’t kill my face it’ll be fine 

it's not the cheapest but this one seems to match the requirements and i would expect it to be reliable and stable.

RS PRO 14V dc Power Supply, 35W, 2.5A | RS Components (rs-online.com)

you will need a "figure of 8" cable for it but they're very common so i would expect you would have one somewhere already.

the only thing i would check is the size of the plug, the rs one is a very common size (5.5x2.1) which i belive is the same as the standard pedal input size as used by Boss et al.

Matt

• Thanks 1