Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts - Trailblazers: Pub Rock

steantval

33 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

If you have a Sky package, wouldn't it just be on a catch up service?  Does anyone really wait for televisual repeats nowadays?

Don’t think I’m alone in watching Sky Arts on Freeview channel 11, as don’t have (or want ) a Sky subscription. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

I watch it on freeview, don't have sky, way to poor value for money ymmv

1 hour ago, casapete said:

Don’t think I’m alone in watching Sky Arts on Freeview channel 11, as don’t have (or want ) a Sky subscription. 

Same here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

If you have a Sky package, wouldn't it just be on a catch up service?  Does anyone really wait for televisual repeats nowadays?

Judging from the response, I'd say so, yes.

2 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

I watch it on freeview, don't have sky, way to poor value for money ymmv

2 hours ago, casapete said:

27 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Same here

And here.  Freesat 147.  Freesat is all we want.  We have Freeview as well if we choose but Channel 4 music is about the only thing that has over the dish box so we hardly ever bother.

We don't stream.  With a PVR and the repeats and the +1 hour channels there is no need.  Anything genuinely worth watching will eventually trickle down to the free services.

It's only telly at the end of it.  How much of it do you need?

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed it (seeing Wreckless Eric on TV is always a bonus!), though, as Frank referenced, Noddy was a bit on the (over) enthusiastic side.

I seem to recall there was a programme on BBC Four a while back along similar lines, though not sure if it’s still available. 

Freeview does the job for me - any service that gives me access to The Sweeney, The Professionals, Columbo, Kojak, a bit of 70s footy and the Friday evening music stuff on BBC Four can’t be bad!

The recent addition of Sky Arts is a real plus - it’s the one Sky channel I wished I had previously but now it’s part of Freeview all’s good...  

• Like 1

Only got Freeview and Freesat, both are  DV-R so have a lot of recording potential.   I dont need anything else, and certainly not a subbed package.

And Frank B,  same here.  Holder's shouty voice and silly narrative spolit it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

you pay through the nose and have to suffer loads of adverts

...and targetted ones at that.  I'm with you on that.  If I pay extra for TV I don't want to make myself a commercial target. Quite the opposite.  Viewers put up with far too much commercial rubbish as it is.