TJ1

Sterling by Musicman SB14 - £260, (no trades)?Now Sold!
£260
London

Selling my Sterling Sb14 bass. when it was discontinued in 2015, it retailed for £650 in the UK. I read that Musicman/Sterling Ball deliberately stopped production because it was cannabulizing sales from the more expensive USA Sterling line.

Plays well through an amp, good intonation up and down the neck, the only issue I can spot is a loose tone control knob(pictured) but the control itself work just fine. No modifications that I am aware of, other than the addition of a Hipshot drop D tuner.

Specs can be found here: https://www.chorder.com/electric-bass-guitars/sterling-by-music-man/sb14-5200

Cash on collection only from North London, but I can travel anywhere in London(within reason), for a serious buyer, ideally with some familiarity with this model. Covid rules applying of course.

WIN_20210204_06_35_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.3faee676441f40bb76b4e444f6010881.jpg

WIN_20210204_06_33_03_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210204_06_33_17_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210205_07_54_38_Pro.jpg

Edited by TJ1
typo in original
  • Like 1

Bargain alert!!  That is a terrific price for one of these.  I had one for a while - lightweight, slim neck, punchy tone.  

7 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Bargain alert!!  That is a terrific price for one of these.  I had one for a while - lightweight, slim neck, punchy tone.  

indeed, I near bankrupted myself with my new Musicman Bongo, so pls free to take advantage of my situation. No offers obviously.

Please post/courier and i'll buy it!!!!

Edited by Raslee

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stingraybassman
      Hi Folks,
      Never thought the day would come, but a mixture of not playing it much anymore (and a disaster on the Football Index) I'm parting ways with this beautiful bass.Owned from brand new in 2005 (whatever PMT in Manchester was known as back then), 18th Birthday Present (I'm 33 Now). I've grown up with it and will be so sad to see it go.
      2005 3eq in Black with Maple Fretboard. Well played but in amazing condition. 2 small marks on the headstock and bottom horn that I've pictured. Currently strung with D'Addario flats that are nicely broken in and sound wonderfully muted. We all know how much these rip with Rounds on as well. Neck has worn great and has the great smooth feel of the unfinished 'Rays. 
      Without sounding sentimental, I grew up with this bass. Made some amazing memories. It deserves to go to someone who will play it to death as I once did.
      Located in Chesterfield, happy to ship at buyers expense. 

• By Sibob
      Hi all,
      Back up for cash sale, only trade options would be an Elrick standard Jazz 5 (not sunburst).
      I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.
      So spec is:
      35″ scale
      Swamp Ash Body
      8.5 Lbs (approx)
      Satin Matte Black Finish
      3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
      Ebony Fretboard
      24 frets
      2-way adjustable truss rod
      Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
      Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
      Fully shielded control cavity
      Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
      Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
      Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
      £1500 - No Case
      Shipping would be difficult just at the moment, but we can talk about it as an extra cost, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover as a preference.
      UK only for now.

Cheers
      Si
    • By alexcar66
      Immaculate 2020 Stingray Special 5 string, with roasted maple neck and board, Burnt Apple finish. 18v 3 band circuit 

Just have to come to terms I'm not a 5 String Player!

now traded 

• By ProfJames
      Pal of mine is looking at a couple.........asked me about them..........never heard of it..!   Any good?  DOne a little reading up and cannot see much info about why they were discontinued if they are so versatile.......any experience here guys and gals?
    • By BassVentura-FretDetective
      Bought a couple of years back from the Bass Gallery in Camden. Wonderful example of a Stringray, just moving to jazzes instead (also first baby making me glance at finances a little...)
      Original advert:
      https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass/products/ernie-ball-music-man-stingray-2
      Previous owner modded/upgraded it by adding the neck pickup and installing Nordstrand pickups and an 18v pre-amp. Volume pot has pull/push function for active/passive switching - perfect for channeling your inner Joe Dart. 2EQ. Serial number indicates that it started life as a 2010 single H model.
      Excellent overall condition, with one or two small dings on the body but very hard to see against the wood grain. Weight comes in at just over 4kg. Soft case included.
      Come and give it a try if you're ever in Hove!