Why become a member? ×

TRADED Musicman USA Sterling 4H
£950
Wakefield

mikegatward

I have a USA Sterling 4H for sale or trade.

It’s got a lovely maple fretboard and a Metallic Teal finish.

Weighs in at 9lb 4oz or 4.2kg in new money.

Generally in very good condition with 2 blemishes on the rear as shown in pics. The headstock front edge has a scuff.

The battery holder catch has broken but it doesn’t cause an issue and I have a spare battery holder anyway.

Took this in a trade about a year back but it’s not getting played as much as some of my other basses.

It comes with a semi-rigid gear4music case.

Sale is preferred but I will look at trades for a nice jazz style bass (or a P or PJ with a slimmer neck) but no more then 9lb in weight and no sunburst please.

Covid secure collection from Wakefield or I can safely meet you within a reasonable distance as and when restrictions are relaxed.

Buyers are also welcome to arrange a courier of their choice.

Edited by mikegatward
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tom1946 said:

It's not Teal Mike, mine's Teal and it doesn't look like that. More green.

Gorgeous bass, GLWTS, won't be around long methinks.

Try taking a pic of yours Tom, bet you it turns out this blue colour in the pic.....

Teal doesn't seem to show true in photo's. Lovely colour in the flesh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gardenerben said:

Try taking a pic of yours Tom, bet you it turns out this blue colour in the pic.....

Very true. I’ve not seen any photos that capture the true colour of a Teal MM, even my own. They always look more blue for some reason.

Lovely Bass by the way. GLWTS

Edited by Deedee

On 05/02/2021 at 07:31, Gardenerben said:

On 05/02/2021 at 08:47, Deedee said:

Very true. I’ve not seen any photos that capture the true colour of a Teal MM, even my own. They always look more blue for some reason.

Lovely Bass by the way. GLWTS

Isn't this the case with Sea Foam Green too? They rarely look "green" - sometimes "blue", other times "Turquoise"...

Mine is definitely a Blue Pearl, black plate (or Pearl Blue, never sure which way round) 1994 and not Teal! This must be around the same era with the embedded neck plate and the Flea offset bridge. Great all rounders these, I could never get either of my Jazzes to sit well in the mix with two full on geetarists and a keyboard player with a binary sense of volume but the Sterling was a revelation.  This would definitely be the last  of the herd to go for me.  GLWTS.

• MB1 locked this topic