Why become a member? ×

Finished at last (well Almost)

derreybass

Back in 1969 I used always to fancy a Gibson EB3 but could never afford one I also liked Les Pauls but they didn't make a bass version. So I thought I'd have a go at making my own, also at the time a 5 string bass came to mind, I think only Fender were doing one. The result was a trip to the school woodwork department and scrounge some wood. The result was the one on the left. Anyway 52 years later after the initial bass was unplayable I thought I'd rebuild it how I wanted it to be in the first place and the result is in the next picture. This time it's a 4 string with 3 different pickup options Magnetic, Piezo and Roland Hex system. Having just sprayed it with clear finish I might have to do it again when the weather gets warmer. It's useable in the mean time.

IMG_20210127_200134.jpg

P1660111.JPG

P1660113.JPG

Image2.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Andy it took a lot of fiddling to get it all finished. I think in future I'll start from scratch. Nice to see what your doing to the Vox. Out of interest what are you using to finish your projects with at the moment? Finally hope to see you again at a SW Bass Bash, here's hoping.