Why become a member? ×

NBD: Cort In The Act

stewblack

A long period of marketplace inactivity came crashing down this week. 

I've saved up, and I've sold so I can replace my aging pc and get myself a backbeat. Useful items both, especially with online rehearsal perhaps become a regular thing even after lockdown. 

Then some unavoidably irresistible stringed things appeared and my resolve collapsed like a soufflé in a sink. 

One of these impulse buys brings to two the Cort corner of my collection. This beautiful jazz joins the C4, also purchased here fairly recently. 

I make no secret, I bought both on the looks / price tag method of instrument selection. 

I'd only heard the Cort name mentioned here, and then not often. But always the remarks were favourable, always suggesting underrated, quality basses. 

My test is simpleif all other basses had to go would I be happy to be left gigging with this one? A resounding yes for both of these beauties. So playable, well balanced and comfortable. Underrated? Not here, not any more. 

IMG_20210203_171108.jpg

• Like 11

Lovely those! :)

21 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I'd only heard the Cort name mentioned here, and then not often. But always the remarks were favourable, always suggesting underrated, quality basses.

From Wikipedia:

Cort's main production focus is not on Cort-brand guitars, but rather on contract work for numerous other companies. Generally, large companies contract Cort to build lower-priced guitars that have that company's brand on them. Ibanez, Parkwood, Squier, G&L Tribute series line of guitars are among the most well-known brands that Cort produces. In recent years, small companies known for extremely high quality (and high-priced) guitars have begun contracting Cort to produce budget line models. Avalon Guitars, based in Northern Ireland, sold 8,000 guitars and more than doubled their income from the previous year when they contracted Cort to build a lower-priced guitar for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stewblack said:

A long period of marketplace inactivity came crashing down this week. 

I've saved up, and I've sold so I can replace my aging pc and get myself a backbeat. Useful items both, especially with online rehearsal perhaps become a regular thing even after lockdown. 

Then some unavoidably irresistible stringed things appeared and my resolve collapsed like a soufflé in a sink. 

One of these impulse buys brings to two the Cort corner of my collection. This beautiful jazz joins the C4, also purchased here fairly recently. 

I make no secret, I bought both on the looks / price tag method of instrument selection. 

My test is simpleif all other basses had to go would I be happy to be left gigging with this one? A resounding yes for both of these beauties. So playable, well balanced and comfortable. Underrated? Not here, not any more. 

IMG_20210203_171108.jpg

Does this mean that somebody actually took notice of my recent link to the Cort website ? Or is this just a happy coincidence, as usual? 😁

EDIT: They both look great. 

Edited by 4000
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, stewblack said:

Very pretty!

The quality is no surprise, my Squier Jag SS is made by Cort as are both my Hohner headless basses which I would describe as being outstanding.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheLowDown said:

There needs to be a Channel Tunnel Deux for your Harley Benton deliveries, Stew. It needs to be made large enough for such throughput, and tariff/VAT/handling charge/custom charge-free.

Make it so. I would be a very happy camper