Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn. Fender American Standard Precision USA 2003 with original Fender branded SKB hardcase
£800
Darlington

karlfer

Superb condition S1 series bass 8lb 15oz all original.

REASON for sale increasingly arthritic fingers struggling with low F on anything but a Jazz.

PRICE is cash collected, no offers at this price, there are Mex and Japans selling for more than this.

TRADE similar condition USA Jazz (or perhaps Fender Japan 70's RI or Mex Nate Mendel) with hard case.

COURIER possible, you will need to organise & pay. UK only. It may take me a day or so to source a box.

Apologies for photos, I couldn't take it outside.

Feedback available,

keep safe,

Karl.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

H.JPG

I.JPG

J.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, casapete said:

Nice bass Karl. Think the cases were made by SKB though?

GLWTS mate, cheers. Pete.

Cheers Pete, I always thought it was Hiscox but a couple of other folk have said the same as you, thus I stand corrected.

3 hours ago, Noisyjon said:

Lovely looker and GLWTS but a cash collection during lockdown, c'mon @karlfer !

I have gloves, masks & alcohol.

I have other bassists near me.

I have made collection and courier options.

I have 3 brain cells (although one is road worn) and I think I can deal with a local handover thank you very much.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Cheers. Ok, got it. It is an American Series bass instead of an American Standard bass.

No.

It's an American Standard. Current updated version is the American Professional 11.

They had the S1 feature from approx 2002 - 2008.

3 minutes ago, karlfer said:

No.

It's an American Standard. Current updated version is the American Professional 11.

They had the S1 feature from approx 2002 - 2008.

Cheers. I guess Wiki then got it wrong or I don't get it 😉

From 1984 to 2000, this would be referred to as the American Standard Precision Bass.

The American Series Precision Bass was introduced in 2000 and discontinued in 2008. From 2003 the S-1 switching system allowed the pickup coils to be switched from series to parallel, offering a wider tonal range, but this was discontinued in 2008 with the second generation of American Standard Series instruments. 

In January 2017, Fender retired its American Standard line to be replaced by the American Professional Series.

In October 2020 Fender introduced the American Professional II Precision Bass

• ped locked this topic