Why become a member? ×

NPD one control blue 360

la bam

Received this today. Already love it!

It tiny (around spectracomp size) and very well built.

It runs on 9v adaptor, but also takes a battery if you havent got an adaptor, which was a nice surprise.

Sound wise I'm very surprised. It's very versatile in that you can go from warm Motown style to pretty much bright clank and many sounds inbetween.

It doesnt overdrive or distort (at low levels anyway) but has a real nice sound.

I've never had an original acoustic 360, but this does a very good job of supplying 360 sounds I'd heard before and a great sound in it's own right. It's really brightened up my precision.

Love it.

20210201_172905.jpg

• Like 4

If you want THAT Acoustic 360 sound, dial the mids full on, the bass around 2 o'clock and the highs around 10 o'clock, and just the volume needed to start very very slightly distorting : you'll be amazed. Use the tone knob on your bass too to adjust the mids projection (the more you cut it, the more it does, until a certain point).

9 hours ago, la bam said:

I'm now so tempted by the other preamp pedals - silver peg etc - have you tried any of those?

They all are making what they are supposed to do. Excellent stuff. The Crimson Red is also amazing, really phaaaat with that slight pleasing distortion in the low end. You'll want to buy them all. :dash1:

Had the Hookers Green Bass Machine - very clean drive, which I liked a lot and I love the compact form factor of these pedals. Can run from 9V right up to 18V if you want some additional head room.

Some folk complained about loss of low end, but they maybe hadn't spotted the bass boost trim pot at the side!

No hesitation in recommending.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2021 at 21:32, Chimike said:

Yep,

Thomann were showing stock of these today, So I  had to buy one. I do have a 360/361 rig, so will be able to compare !

I also have a 70's V4b, so there's a pattern developing here .

Where will this end ?

Don't expect it to sound like your 360/361 rig, it's not in the same league, having said that I will be interested to hear what you think of it.

• 6 months later...

I'm after a small and relatively cheap mild overdrive pedal with mid control, the 360 seems to tick those boxes. 

There seemed to be a lot of love for the Silver Peg  followed by a lot of them getting sold- any particular reason? Any issues with the 360 or is the love still lasting?!

36 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I'm after a small and relatively cheap mild overdrive pedal with mid control, the 360 seems to tick those boxes. 

There seemed to be a lot of love for the Silver Peg  followed by a lot of them getting sold- any particular reason? Any issues with the 360 or is the love still lasting?!

Try the EWS stormy bass drive :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SumOne said:

The issue with the Peg for me was lack of gain control and difficulty reigning in the master volume. Other than that it sounds amazing.

The switch flips your gain between clean and dirty. With my P bass the dirty setting was spot on, but it was too overdriven with hotter basses. I would have liked an in between setting, or better still a knob! When the gain is boosted you need to keep the master just a hair above minimum for unity gain and it’s very touchy to get it in the right spot.

• Like 1