Why become a member? ×

Decent offer from GG. Free Ampeg amp.

Thunderpaws

Just now, Cato said:

I saw that offer in conjuction with a £4000 custom shop Fender Jazz.

Nice gesture, but I couldn't help but smile at the idea of someone spending £4000 on a bass then putting it through a £100 combo.

I do that. In fact, I have a 1966 custom colour jazz I use with a Zoom B1 and Yamaha Session Cake. Seems like a good offer to me!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

I saw this offer and it seems a bit odd to me.  People spending over 999 on a bass would most likely be wanting to use either a good quality practice amp, or run straight into a computer and use plug in's.

Maybe I'm wrong...

I regularly play  £1K bass through a £140 practice amp.

Mid-price practice amps are very good these days and I don't expect perfection from an 8" speaker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cato said:

I saw that offer in conjuction with a £4000 custom shop Fender Jazz.

Nice gesture, but I couldn't help but smile at the idea of someone spending £4000 on a bass then putting it through a £100 combo.

I had a Zon Hyperbass and regularly played it through a Roland Bass Cube.

The one that makes me laugh is very expensive (as in £2K up) instruments that come with a gig bag! The US Fender I recently got from GG came in the std Fender hard case with which I am mightily impressed. Properly roadworthy. 
looking at it another way, if you don’t want the combo it’s worth a punt at offering £100 off the bass, and let them keep the combo?

1 hour ago, FDC484950 said:

The one that makes me laugh is very expensive (as in £2K up) instruments that come with a gig bag! The US Fender I recently got from GG came in the std Fender hard case with which I am mightily impressed. Properly roadworthy. 

My best GG deal was a s/h Hohner Jack Professional 5-string, virtually immaculate for £130(!)

Then they went and fetched the hard case for it which contained a strap, straplocks and even a lead...

The irony is I'd just been paid for a contract and had £££ burning holes in my pocket and would have paid more than twice as much for it!

LOL! One on Reverb in the USA for £650

Holy cow: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174558874468?mkevt=1&mkcid=28&chn=ps

🙂

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1