Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts - Rush / Eagles concerts

casapete

Just a heads up for a couple of things on Sky Arts today (Sunday 31st Jan)), channel 11 Freeview.

At 5pm till 8pm there is Rush Time Machine Live in Cleveland 2011. Not my thing but know there’s a lot of fans of the band on here.

Then from 9pm to midnight there is The Eagles : Live from the LA Forum concert, from 2018. This was on recently in case you missed it.

Cheers.

Edited by casapete
Update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Bah. I’ll be out at 5 collecting my oldest daughter from her mum. 

And we’ve got rid of Virgin now so don’t have a record facility.

Knew I should’ve kept that DVD-R machine

Sky arts is on freeview channel 11 no need to have any pay to view rubbish.

Arrgh, just re read what you said..ignore me I'm an idiot!

Edited by Oopsdabassist
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Sky arts is on freeview channel 11 no need to have any pay to view rubbish.

Arrgh, just re read what you said..ignore me I'm an idiot!

My dad got a new TV and since I’ve done the install, he keeps talking about sky arts...

so I’ve retuned all of my TV’s and hey presto.

I get snippets between Fireman Sam, Hey Duggie and the bloody Octonoughts.

4 hours ago, casapete said:

Then from 9pm to midnight there is The Eagles : Live from the LA Forum concert, from 2018. This was on recently in case you missed it.

If that's the one with Glenn Frey's son and Vince Gill? I saw it last time and it's worth seeing again.

10 minutes ago, chris_b said:

If that's the one with Glenn Frey's son and Vince Gill? I saw it last time and it's worth seeing again.

Yup, that’s the one. I watched it expecting it to be nothing special, but was blown away by it. Love Vince Gill, great singer and no slouch in the guitar stakes either. Also Steuart Smith on guitar is fantastic too, and Joe Walsh his usual brilliant self. Wasn’t sure if the vocals were a bit too good to be true in places (?)  but overall thought it was a great performance. 

Edited by casapete
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andermtc said:

Probably not well known to many but they had the Runrig farewell concert on there last night, well worth a watch on catch-up.

Might be a dumb question, but when you can only watch Sky Arts stuff via Freeview channel 11, am I right in thinking there's no way of accessing any catch up facility?

40 minutes ago, casapete said:

Might be a dumb question, but when you can only watch Sky Arts stuff via Freeview channel 11, am I right in thinking there's no way of accessing any catch up facility?

I have virgin tv and can find it by searching for the program,the Runrig one for example is available until 1st march

• Like 1

Just now, Andermtc said:

I have virgin tv and can find it by searching for the program,the Runrig one for example is available until 1st march

I think the catch up thing is probably only for those with similar TV platforms, not for Freeview cheapskates like me then. 😁

Caught a little bit of the Eagles but wasn’t really in the mood, so watched the Rush, which I’d recorded.

Found it quite moving tbh. I discovered Rush at a relatively optimistic time in my life, after a very, very bad one, and certain tracks always remind me of that sense of optimism. And although I grew away from them in later years, knowing that Neil is no longer with us and the band no longer exists is very sad.☹️

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Caught a little bit of the Eagles but wasn’t really in the mood, so watched the Rush, which I’d recorded.

Found it quite moving tbh. I discovered Rush at a relatively optimistic time in my life, after a very, very bad one, and certain tracks always remind me of that sense of optimism. And although I grew away from them in later years, knowing that Neil is no longer with us and the band no longer exists is very sad.☹️

Yeah - I missed it yesterday but thinking about it; seeing Neil pounding away up there would have been a bit dusty for me. *sigh*

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Simon. said:

The Stirling Castle show(s)? I was on the crew for that. Was quite an emotional weekend.

Yes, it was a cut down 'highlights' version of the 3hr show you can buy on DVD, the 3hr DVD being an amalgamation of the 2 nights, although still 2 songs missing.

I'm still gutted I couldn't attend the shows.

Another +1 here for the Eagles L.A. Forum concert, I recorded this last year when Sky Arts first showed it. As a long-time fan of The Eagles, Vince Gill and Joe Walsh (right back to his James Gang days) this was very much up my street.
There's so much good stuff on Sky Arts, it's one of my fave channels. I recorded the Jethro Tull documentary the other night which I still need to watch, plus the Runrig farewell show and the Rush gig.

• Like 1

I watched Otis Redding last night and Runrig a day or so before that. I have Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, James Taylor, Cream and several others on the hard drive waiting. I hate to praise anything to do with Rupert Murdoch, but Sky Arts is a gold mine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I’d never heard of Runrig before the weekend just gone but watched some if it and quite liked it. I agree, Sky Arts is a def gold mine - especially for people like myself who don’t have anything other than terrestrial TV.

They were awesome, I saw them live some 20 years ago. Just watched The Last Dance on Sky Arts, amazing!