Why become a member? ×

Matamp GT200 rig - *SOLD*
£1500
Pontypridd South Wales

Basszilla

Reluctant sale :

Owned from new since 2010 my green tolex mark 1 GT200 and black tolex 610.

Serviced regularly, reliable and runs like a dream. New valves and serviced by Jeff a couple of years back and used sparingly since. 

Head : £1500

Cab : £400

Buy both together £1750

PM for further details. 

IMG_20210130_125754_734.jpg

Edited by Basszilla
  • Like 22

• 2 months later...

I can vouch for that rig, I've heard it live and up close and was so impressed I commissioned MJW (ex-Matamp) to build me a clone (but with some weird options Jeff wouldn't do). Funnily, it was seeing Tim's old 400+ in action that led me to buy Beedster's. Small world. 

Also, Tim's a diamond geezer. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Sean!

Hope you are well mate and good to see you're still knocking about BC.

Ah man, my 400+ now you're taking me back 🙂 I think kiwi bought that off me.

Yeah, this is a beautiful beautiful rig. The best I've ever owned without a doubt. 

It absolutely slays with a nice Pbass driving it.

These days, I am doing a lot of recording, in my little home studio and can't see me gigging out for a while, I am getting more joy from producing and song writing, but do have a couple of rock/metal projects on the horizon (which may just stay as a studio thing) I would love a little amp for the house but it's not essential really with what I'm doing. 

That and a beautiful little 4 year old monster running around plus busy day job are eating up 90% of my time so any other spare time and I'm writing and tracking music speedily in the house and that keeps me happy these days.

🙂🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump. This needs to go now as I am looking to free up space in my living room and replace it with some nice front end studio hardware which is generally silly money. 

It is an awesome rig, imo the best valve tone money can buy. Put any bass through this and play and it becomes this big, thick and warm sound almost 3d. I've owned many of the big valve amps over the years and this has been the best. Just a huge warm sound that immediately sits right with a band. 

Also to add this is a mark 1 GT200 which are discontinued and superior to the mark 2s in my opinion. A mark 2 would cost just shy of £2k so this is an absolute steal. 

Again this has been serviced and looked after tremendously all its life. 

• 2 months later...
On 06/04/2021 at 14:32, Basszilla said:

Ah man, my 400+ now you're taking me back 🙂 I think kiwi bought that off me.

I did, we met in a service area off the M4 if I recall correctly.  That was a fabulous amp BTW, even better than the V8 I later owned.  We both know it weighed an insane amount though, especially with the shockmount case.  I miss it sometimes.

18 hours ago, Kevin Dean said:

What's the weight please 

I'll check the head in a bit and get back to you.

The cab is pretty heavy mind - definitely a trolly job or two man lift. I have a trolly of sorts that will come with the rig which makes it easier to shift from the car to venue. 

13 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I did, we met in a service area off the M4 if I recall correctly.  That was a fabulous amp BTW, even better than the V8 I later owned.  We both know it weighed an insane amount though, especially with the shockmount case.  I miss it sometimes.

Wow how many years ago was that Kiwi now!!? So much time has passed and I hope you are well and it's good to see you're still on the forum. I've spent a while away from the forum (life..parenthood etc) but I'm back on here now and mainly just read through the posts and enjoy the chilled nature of the place. Miss some of the old members posts mind. I remember the old bassworld site fondly. 

Yes that head was an utter delight and I harboured regrets for a while over that sale haha!!! Absolutely phenomenal sound and power.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kevin Dean said:

What's the weight please 

According to matamp the weight is 28kg for the mark 2 so I think the mark 1 is a small margin lighter.

The price for the heads has gone up as well £2199 new now so this is an utter steal for a full rig. In fact I am definitely short changing myself given it's a mark 1 which are the mutts nuts 👍

7 hours ago, Basszilla said:

Wow how many years ago was that Kiwi now!!? 

2006 IIRC.

8 hours ago, Basszilla said:

it's good to see you're still on the forum.

LIkewise!  I can't seem to get away :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bunion said:

You don’t know how hard I’m trying not to buy this as a total Tube freak. 
Someone buy it for gods sake, Think of my children!!!

I can't believe it's still here!

Absolute bargain and complete tone machine, nothing better out there. 

May be due to the fact I'm selling as a complete rig and collection only, but I'd rather do that and hold onto it for the right buyer whether local or further afield. 

• Basszilla changed the title to Matamp GT200 *SOLD*