Why become a member? ×

Squier Musicmaster Vista Series low start

Paul S

These have been changing hands for crazy money recently.  This one is starting low, if nothing else.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squier-by-Fender-Musicmaster-vista-bass/124550563139?hash=item1cffcac543%3Ag%3ADzoAAOSw0PtgFC5B&LH_ItemCondition=3000

Edited by Paul S
forgot the link :)

1 minute ago, Burns-bass said:

Wasn’t someone trying to get £500 for one on here? Madness for what’s likely to be an average bass,

I had one for a while and, as it happens, they are exceedingly nice.  At the same time I had a Squier VM Mustang and a '79 Fender Musicmaster and the Vista was the pick of the bunch.  But not £500 nice.

2 hours ago, prowla said:

It seems to me that generally people are trying to "enhance" the value of Squiers.

OK, maybe there are some particular ones which may be quite nice  superb, but the rest are just Fender's budget brand.

Fixed that for you.  You actually trot this out every time Squiers are mentioned.  So I'll trot out, like I do every time, that my Squier JV Precision is the best Precision bass I have ever played, which is quite a few.  And so continues our mutually ignored posts on the subject. :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Fixed that for you.  You actually trot this out every time Squiers are mentioned.  So I'll trot out, like I do every time, that my Squier JV Precision is the best Precision bass I have ever played, which is quite a few.  And so continues our mutually ignored posts on the subject. :) 

Haha - your one quite nice/superb Squier doesn't invalidate the substance of my post and doesn't validate the expectation of excessive prices across the board. 🙂

43 minutes ago, prowla said:

Haha - your one quite nice/superb Squier doesn't invalidate the substance of my post and doesn't validate the expectation of excessive prices across the board. 🙂

Yup.  You've made up your mind so I won't confuse you any further with hands on, real life experience 😉

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Yup.  You've made up your mind so I won't confuse you any further with hands on, real life experience 😉

I respect your opinion. 
The fact cannot be denied, however, that Squier is Fender’s budget brand and they’ve designed a price/product hierarchy around that. 
The bass in question here isn’t a hallowed JV, though, anyway. 

10 hours ago, Paul S said:

Yebbut that's a pretty low bar.

2 hours ago, backwater said:

I remember buying one of these when they were new about 1998 - Sound Control sold them at £99 each. I bought a white one the same as this

Wish I'd kept mine 😥

Andy

Yeah, remember it well, they seemed to have loads of these and a load of Japanese natural 75 jazz reissues.