Why become a member? ×

Neural Quad Cortex - embargo lifted. Demos today

fretmeister

13 minutes ago, Higgie said:

Pretty impressed with that. Everything except the octave sounded pretty good I thought!

For some reason the octave effects (and other pitches) seem very difficult to get right in modellers.

Helix has only just cracked it after 5 years.

They seem to be very DSP heavy.

9 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

He didn’t really isolate the octaver to give it a fair shot, but at least it sounded like there was no perceptible delay and it tracked well, which is a good start!

That's fair enough, and I agree, the tracking seemed good and it didn't sound bad. For me though, I'd like a bit more control over the tone of the octave. A modeller of this power I would've expected to have either a couple of different octave pedal models, or more control over the stock octave sound.

I’m still waiting for something that cleanly isolates the lowest note played and then replicates it an octave lower, for when o play skinny-string on my own. I had high hopes for the OC5, but from what I’ve heard it’s not great at this.

Hoping they crack it on this or something at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 14:25, Crawford13 said:

From the videos I have watch the rotary switches worry me, they don't look like the will stand the test of time, you can see a little too side to side movement for my liking. 

I think I will be sticking to my helix for a while yet... 

They tested the switch knobs to death. Apparently they’re very, very durable. I think Neural talked about this in one of their early videos

On 04/02/2021 at 14:25, Crawford13 said:

From the videos I have watch the rotary switches worry me, they don't look like the will stand the test of time, you can see a little too side to side movement for my liking. 

I think I will be sticking to my helix for a while yet... 

The same switches are fitted to the Darkglass ADAM, and they feel absolutely fine.  They have machine tested them to death.