Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette style builds

Jimothey

Well my new neck turned up today and for only costing £35 delivered I'm really impressed with the quality of it! There's no sharp fret ends and I checked the level of tge frets with my rocker and they are all nice and flat! 

_20210223_200516.thumb.JPG.4feeee8bc3d5508ffbf04827c00922cd.JPG

Its got a nice grain pattern on it as well........... 👍🏻 

_20210223_200448.thumb.JPG.e56624e35e6648a79761b84251d215ac.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimothey said:

Just a quick mockup of how it will look, I think it's gonna be a nice looking bass when finished...... 👍🏻 

_20210224_082718.thumb.JPG.938765cc951bb258c670c76fa96148b8.JPG

(Hopefully 🤞🏻

I think the current headstock is nicer than the Warwick style one. But I'm partial to a little pointyness.

EDIT: I think the pickguard on the Red P body should be tort!

Edited by PlungerModerno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

That looks good.  What about some subtle yellow highlights, maybe gold hardware?

I like the gold hardware idea but I think I'll leave this how it is

When I get round to doing my 5 string P that's going to be Satin Black with Gold hardware....... 👍🏻 

• Like 1

You just made me be sick in my mouth a bit!! 🤮🤮

Why would you do that and ruin a perfectly good picture!?! 

There's only one place Tort (I've just been gagging even typing the word!!) looks good and thats in the bin!!

Edited by Jimothey
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

You just made me be sick in my mouth a bit!! 🤮🤮

Why would you do that and ruin a perfectly good picture!?! 

There's only one place Tort (I've just been gagging even typing the word!!) looks good and thats in the bin!!

I had a feeling it might not be appreciated. I was curious what it might look like... it's a lovely shade of red judging by the pic. Goes really well with a nice jazzy tort to my eye.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I wasn't happy at all with the finish on this build 

_20220314_225942.thumb.JPG.5e1cc8ae60788bce10b29403ca6405c2.JPG

So I decided to refinish it I'll post new pics tomorrow when I get in the workshop 

Also the Sapele bodied Corvette build that is going to have a Thumb inspired pickup config keeps staring at me in the workshop so I'm going to have to get moving on that one aswell..... 👍🏻 

23 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I'm probably going to change the pickguard for ply as I think its all a bit dark with the black pickguard?

Yes - I reckon so.  I suspect that would add a great deal to the vibe.  The black clashes, to my eye, with the brown hue of the new finish. 

I missed your earlier post and had a bit of a double take on this (especially as you were doing more than one build originally).  This is the one that used to be red?  And/or the packing case one?

Edited by Andyjr1515
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Yes - I reckon so.  I suspect that would add a great deal to the vibe.  The black clashes, to my eye, with the brown hue of the new finish. 

I missed your earlier post and had a bit of a double take on this (especially as you were doing more than one build originally).  This is the one that used to be red?  And/or the packing case one?

Yeah this was the red/packing one I'm kind of using this body to try out some different finishes

The Sapele one I mentioned is a separate build thats just going to be kept natural 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 23:06, Jimothey said:

Also the Sapele bodied Corvette build that is going to have a Thumb inspired pickup config keeps staring at me in the workshop so I'm going to have to get moving on that one aswell..... 👍🏻 

I really like the corvette body shape and I think the Thumb pickup position would work really well on it - looking forward to seeing that one as well! 

• Thanks 1