Why become a member? ×

Shertler Dyn-B contact microphone SOLD
£200
Wells Somerset

Here is my Shertler Dyn-B microphone. It can reproduce a lovely sound but does need a lot of experimentation with position. 

Boxed with manuals but no preamp. I used a Behringer mic pre and blended using a two channel amp. £55 on gear for music. I could be persuaded to sell the preamp as well if it helps the sale

Selling due to my being lazy. To be honest I just couldn’t be bothered with the extra setup at gigs. The new blue version is a lot of money although I am not sure how much better it is. I used this older version for around six months off and on. It has been in safe dry storage in my studio for ages now. Super easy to install and doesn’t leave any marks in your bass 

yours for £200 boxed and shipped

reduced to £180👍

6DC41B7C-057D-4782-8887-ED642E2DC539.jpeg

F9FA3067-398A-4A84-92FF-F84CA60B932E.jpeg

Edited by adriansmith247

I’ve got one of these that I use as an alternative for studio work when I don’t want to use a straight pickup. Does need experimenting with but it’s no biggie really, you just move it around. When you put it on there will be obvious spots you won’t  want it . Too boomy to weak etc. Then it’s just a matter of narrowing down the smaller area that you like.

I haven’t used a preamp with it myself and it doesn’t need phantom so all good there.

Sound is half way between a mic and a pickup so very organic sounding. 

Quality of materials in this pickup is amazing and the putty that you stick it on with is great with no marking of the bass at all. 

There is a switch on it actually that a lot of  people seem to miss. It’s a phase switch, the black bit round the body. If you do get any feedback, switch it and it puts itself out of phase by 180 degrees. Some have said it’s similar to standing further away from your amp.

Anyway sorry I’m not a buyer Adrian but am a fan of these pickups. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...