Why become a member? ×

Premier Artist Birch drum kit - SOLD
£600
Bath

Thought I might stick this here to see if there's any interest. 

Premier Artist 6-piece shell pack for sale.

Comprises 10"x8", 12"x9", 14"x14", 16"x16", 20"x18" (I think) Premier Percussion Artist Birch shells in Solid White Lacquer, and an 8"x7" Artist Maple tom in Rosewood Lacquer which has been wrapped in white to match the rest of the kit.

It's a lovely sounding kit and it's only being moved on because there's something else coming in its place. The wide range of sizes mean you can cover off all types of music.

The good:

100% premium birch 6-ply shells (apart from the 8", which is maple)
Isolation mounts on the rack toms
Lacquer finish (wrap on the 8")
FAST tom sizes - between traditional and power toms
Birch shells cut through the mix

The bad:

It's a circa 2003 kit so as you'd expect, there are dings and marks on the shells which I've tried to illustrate in the photos, but they don't detract from the sound. They're not really visible other than close up.

It was stored for a few years in what I thought was a dry space, but turned out not to be, so there's some surface corrosion on the brightwork, and the lug screws inside the shells have corroded in some places.

The 8" was wrapped inexpertly by me. I recall I didn't do a great job of removing the badge grommet, so the shell around the airhole is chewed up - however, I can include a couple of replacement grommets if you want to re-do it. The badge has lifted - I didn't want to permanently glue it down in case I wanted to take the wrap off (it's not glued down so can be easily removed and the original finish restored.

One or two of the memrilocks are missing.

The rest:

The 8", 10", 12" and 16" currently have Aquarian coated single-ply heads on but I'll fit Evans G-Plus heads to match the 14". I'll remove the blanket from the bass drum before sale.

It comes with the six floor tom legs, the Roklok tom holder, and the tom holder for the 8". Cymbal stand and rug not included. 

More pics available if wanted. 

Not desperate for trades but would consider a nice P or P/J bass.

£450 for quick sale?

IMG_0056.jpeg.f18cf333a4c69b59f8b0fca62f54f47b.jpeg

Edited by Jakester

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, therealting said:

My favourite sizes, gorgeous kit. 

Thanks - I generally prefer 'trad' sizes but the reason this is making way is I recently picked up a mint late 90's Yamaha Maple Custom kit, which has always been one of my 'dream' kits. 

That has power toms - 10x9, 12x10 etc - so not usually my thing at all, but it sounds so great! Currently in two minds as to whether to flip that too or have some work done on it to make it perfect...

• Like 1

If it’s a dream kit, make it perfect!

I have an über-cheap Mapex M series that I picked up for £120 here (5 piece), and gradually added other bits and pieces to, and it is now set up with mesh heads and quiet cymbals in my front room. 20, 8, 10, 12, 14 and I have a 16 stored away to save space in the front room. Has really been a boon during lockdown!

image.thumb.jpeg.1c4a577187e26541083b915492791cd5.jpeg

In live gigging guise.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd0be206278f0e0038a2e4cfee875fcc.jpeg

Nice! This is what's replaced it:

IMG_0120.jpeg.373fbd31ac3ea45c96b62cb29459be4f.jpeg

With the original owner's heads on:

IMG_0123.jpeg.1792fe2acbf17dba615bfc5d8ffc7b37.jpeg

And with some new coated Ambassadors:

IMG_0126.jpeg.7c6a678120bcf2b55ea398ea802d420f.jpeg

IMG_0127.jpeg.4bdb56e4a26ad50c8b53c87500399da9.jpeg

The cymbals came with the kit, so I'm probably moving most of them on, but undecided as to whether or not to have the 16 floor tom and two rack toms cut down or not...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic