Why become a member? ×

New range of lightweight Hartke cabs

Lozz196

Very odd, as the HD cabs aren't real heavy weights anyway (by comparison). Having a quick scan, it only looks like they are lopping off between 3 to 5 kgs compared to the HD's?  Also, they seem to have lost the 4ohm - 8ohm switch on the 112 which I think is the best feature these offered.

Wonder what the price on these will be.

Hey - we'll be shifting back to lbs soon on our way to demi-bushels. We don't need no fancy decimal measurements now we're free! /sarcasm

I guess if they were fairly light to begin with, there's only so much you can take off. Got to keep looking innovative/busy.

It appears that the weight reduction is from going to thinner plywood of a lightweight species, probably Italian Poplar. Going to 12mm instead of 16mm would reduce weight further, but requires bracing that would drive up labor costs to install. I do all my DIY cabs with braced 3mm, 6mm and 12mm, as there are no labor costs. 😊

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

It appears that the weight reduction is from going to thinner plywood of a lightweight species, probably Italian Poplar. Going to 12mm instead of 16mm would reduce weight further, but requires bracing that would drive up labor costs to install. I do all my DIY cabs with braced 3mm, 6mm and 12mm, as there are no labor costs. 😊

ahhh Napoleon wins then for lengths if not weights!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

We still use the standard set by Henry VII on our side of the pond, whilst you've adopted that Napoleonic piffle. Makes one wonder who actually won at Waterloo. 🙄

Technically the ‘standard’ wasn’t standardised until the mid 1820s, so it’s more George IV than Henry VII. 
I suppose the corpulent wastrel had the find something to do whilst waiting for his loopy dad to finish on the throne.

• 2 weeks later...