Why become a member? ×

Non standard pick up casings

BassBus

Can any of you knowledgable people tell me if there are any of the custom pickup builders who might be able to build full humbucking soapbar pickups for me in non standard sized casings. I have an old Status S2000 fiver which has hum-cancelling pickups so not full humbuckers. Status replacements are the same and their humbuckers will not fit in the routings. Any advice would be helpful.

Edited by BassBus

One other idea to consider is to get someone to use a 3d printer to make casings to fit an existing pickup

A mate of mine did it for someone who was doing a custom build.  Apparently it took a few goes to get it right, but in my experience people with 3d printers love any excuse to muck about on them and try new things

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ambient said:

If you’ve got the pickups then try Robin at Manton customs. He built some covers for me using ebony, and did a seriously brilliant job.

Just looked them up and saw your bass on the Facebook page. Very pretty job on a very pretty looking bass.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BassBus said:

Just looked them up and saw your bass on the Facebook page. Very pretty job on a very pretty looking bass.

Thank you. I was incredibly pleased with his work. It was a very good price too, bearing in mind he had to do some routing.