• dad3353
    • Doctor J
    • Nicko
    • upside downer
    • Lurksalot
    • MoonBassAlpha
    • skankdelvar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/21 at 00:01

Now that we have finished off the minces pies, chocolate and cake we have our January offerings for your enjoyment.

Have a look at this picture from november's winner @Doctor J  and then have a listen to hear what sort of toonage it inspired :D 

jellyphant.jpg

Please choose your favourite 3 toons and tick the boxes 

1 @xgsjx

2 @Leonard Smalls

@Dad3353

4 @Doctor J

@Nicko

6 @upside downer

7 @lurksalot

8 @MoonBassAlpha

9 @skankdelvar

Best of luck, its a really good listen through here 

The vote closes at midnight on the 31st Jan 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Now that we have finished off the minces pies, chocolate and cake ...

I have a few chocs still; can it wait a week or two more, please..? No..? OK then; I'll polish 'em all off as best I can, and hope some buddies drop by to assist. :$

3 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Well f**k me furiously, I've had a good run through these now and that is a proper collection of most excellent toonage of the highest order, fair play :sun_bespectacled:

Thank, Lurks; glad you liked it..! Some of the others are not bad, either..! :)

:lol: :P

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Well f**k me furiously, I've had a good run through these now and that is a proper collection of most excellent toonage of the highest order, fair play :sun_bespectacled:

Furiously? I have never heard that expression before. I may use that 🤣

• Haha 2

I’m going to need another couple of listens through these 

1..because I am finding it difficult to whittle down the preference to 3 

2.... I really enjoy listening to them 

my voting system goes on points based allocation when it is as close as this , but these all get pretty much the same points :D

7 hours ago, lurksalot said:

I’m going to need another couple of listens through these 

1..because I am finding it difficult to whittle down the preference to 3 

2.... I really enjoy listening to them 

my voting system goes on points based allocation when it is as close as this , but these all get pretty much the same points :D

I had a similar problem.  There was one which I thought was my absolute favourite so I only voted for one rather than make the decision on the others.

I’ve managed to commit to 3 as much by sticking a pin in the list, but it’s done 😎

one criteria I did let influence me , was lyrics , I love to hear the story telling aspect of the tunes , but I do need to hear the words , I think there’s a few of you should be a bit braver and bring the vocal slider up a few db.*

*I realise that is a touch rich considering the proposed vocal on mine didn’t materialise :lol:

Thanks for the congrats, folks, but I must offer an apology this month. I'm not well right now, and haven't been following too closely; indeed, I've not even voted, myself..! :$ May I suggest that the current 'second ' ( @upside downer ...) take the top spot (I'd have voted for that one, which would have brought on a tie, anyway...)..? I'll get around to doing the usual Certificate later, in both our names, but I'm really not up to it right now, and wouldn't want to put too much of a damper on the Challenge, which is doing splendidly, with, as has been mentioned, much talented creation from old hands and newer faces.
Copy to @lurksalot and @Skol303 for validation; I hope this meets with your satisfaction. No worries; I'll be back with more of my stuff as soon as I can. B|

Edited by Dad3353

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Thanks for the congrats, folks, but I must offer an apology this month. I'm not well right now, and haven't been following too closely; indeed, I've not even voted, myself..! :$ May I suggest that the current 'second ' ( @upside downer ...) take the top spot (I'd have voted for that one, which would have brought on a tie, anyway...)..? I'll get around to doing the usual Certificate later, in both our names, but I'm really not up to it right now, and wouldn't want to put too much of a damper on the Challenge, which is doing splendidly, with, as has been mentioned, much talented creation from old hands and newer faces.
Copy to @lurksalot and @Skol303 for validation; I hope this meets with your satisfaction. No worries; I'll be back with more of my stuff as soon as I can. B|

Well done Douglas and get yourself back in form soon young man .

@upside downer as a deserved runner up, if you could provide the image for inspiration I will post it up later 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Get well soon.  Congratulations to both you and @upside downer

• Thanks 1

• lurksalot unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...